April 30, 2024, 09:23:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

EVO BOTTOM END/SHOVEL TOP END??

Started by 1995 BadBoy, November 13, 2008, 12:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodShovel

There was a guy running around here in my neck of the City, Shovelbill might know who I'm talking about, who had a very nice hybrid Shovel top end on an Evo bottom.  A very cool machine, nicely built. 
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

stroker800

Petty much the only difference is the studs and location...Had an engine from friend,,evo heads &cyls,,,pan genny right side,,,shovel case output side with full stator system...Oil filter hooked to genny mounts,,,single fire timer..Motor was great runner bout 20 yrs before it needed work...
Dave

hbkeith

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on November 15, 2008, 11:39:44 AM

After this many years we might as well welcome the EVO to the family guys, they're obsolete and lacking support too now!
:hyst:

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

HotRodShovel

I remember when you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting an EVO.  The MoCo flooded the market in the 90's with them.  I remember pulling into an Orange Cty dealership for a bike wash etc....with my Shovel, maybe 98. I was the only Shovel in a sea of EVO's.  One guy asked me if it was a Knucklehead Sportster.  I kid you not.
I think the EVO has become the new Shovel and we are slipping into the Pan slot.
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

easyricer

"I think the EVO has become the new Shovel and we are slipping into the Pan slot."
and the Knuckles and Flats have all but faded into hidden away private collections and museums. I like all three of mine, the Pan/Shovel, Shovel and the Evo bagger. That's spaceship enough for me.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

76shuvlinoff

QuoteThat's spaceship enough for me.

What? No Wing?  :wink:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

easyricer

I'm still too young and stupid for a wing....
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: easyricer on October 30, 2013, 01:36:25 PM
I'm still too young and stupid for a wing....
EASY

I gotta have 10 years on ya and feel the same way.   :bike:
 - Ernest Hemingway