April 25, 2024, 08:49:36 AM

News:

SE Super Tuner Pro questions

Started by Swamp Rat Eddie, July 24, 2022, 02:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp Rat Eddie

Hi all. I recently traded for a 2015 CVO Road Glide, that came with a SE Super Tuner Pro, P/N: 32109-08C. No CD or instructions, just the tuner in a box.

Previous owner had V&H Hi Outputs on it. Too Loud for my needs, so I put stock CVO slip ons back on.
Is it going to be worth my while to find the software for the Super Tuner, so I can use the Auto Tune function and dial in the new exhaust?

My main question is, do I need to re-flash the base tune. or am I OK, because I'm going to a less free flowing system and won't lean out the fuel?

I don't know beans about tuning or tuners. Bike ran great with the V&H Hi Outputs, above 3K, but lugged a lot at low RPM's. Stock muffs brought back the low end, and there is no more decel popping.

As far as I can tell, the bike still has SE-255 cams, and the exhaust was the only thing changed.

I do have a local indy with a dyno and Super Tuner training and experience but I'd like to hear what you all have to say first.

Ed

rigidthumper

Not knowing which map they used, or if there were any internal mods done, I would first extract the current map from the VCI. This should tell you which direction they went. If it's still stock internally, they should have used a 621SEP205, edited the tables for best operation, and shipped it. You can record data with the VCI, using the components now on the bike, rinse that data through smart tune, and see how much change it shows. Save changes under a new file name, flash that, record more data, while evaluating ride- is it better or worse than when you started?
Edit until satisfied (street tuning is a good excuse to go riding :) ).
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

kd

If you had decel popping and it was owling out at low RPM it needed a tune to begin with.
KD

Swamp Rat Eddie

Thanks for the replies. I've downloaded the user manual for the tuner. Sounds like I may have to get some cables, do some studying, and go from there.

Do I need to get the software that was on the CD that I don't have? Any ideas on that? Dealer perhaps?

I felt that the tune was off, after several tanks of gas averaging 34-35 MPG.

The twin cooled motor is definitely cooler than my "08 CVO Road King.

Swamp Rat Eddie

July 24, 2022, 08:59:39 PM #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 01:33:21 AM by Swamp Rat Eddie
I found the answer to my software question in the sticky topics. It is available as a free download. Go to Harley Davidson/Parts/SE Performance, find the Super Tuner Pro, then open up installation instructions.

Ed