March 29, 2024, 06:28:56 AM

News:

09 Ultra head unit replacement

Started by Nebraskarider1, August 11, 2022, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraskarider1

My HK head unit is dying. Gotta flip the speaker switch and sometimes it comes back, same thing happened 7 years ago when still covered by extended service plan. My question is I have another HK head unit from a different Ultra My friend upgraded to aftermarket. Is it plug and play or will it need to be flashed to my bike?

rigidthumper

Same radio part number? Plug & play.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 12, 2022, 04:36:45 AMSame radio part number? Plug & play.

I will check the part numbers. I heard ones out of say a SG that don't have rear speakers and CB/intercom I'd have to have something done. Since this ones also out of an Ultra hoping it will be same. Thanks for the reply

Coyote

Fader won't work if not enabled.  I think everything else will.

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: Coyote on August 12, 2022, 05:50:51 AMFader won't work if not enabled.  I think everything else will.

It is from an Ultra so should be good then. I was telling a guy at motel I stayed at at Hill City SD about mine dying and that I had a replacement and he was kind of a know it all and told me I'd have to take it to a dealer to get it flashed because they were serial number matched. Then he proceeded to tell me about his snowmobile with a Yamaha engine that turns 17,000 rpm at 157 mph. He lost credibility but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Other problems now, alternator took a crap at Rapid City, made it to Winner, bought a car battery and set on back seat wired to battery, made it home to Hastings NE, stopped and charged the battery's 3 times. Unhooked headlight till it got dark then I hooked it back up and took all the turn signal bulbs out. Sucked but it beat getting towed to a shop and who knows how long to get repaired and how and when to get home and back to get it. All good

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Nebraskarider1

Swapped out works fine. Looking at parts fiche they all had the same part number even without rear speakers, so if it hadn't been off the same model with rear speakers there wouldn't be a way to tell without hooking it up.