April 19, 2024, 05:10:40 PM

News:

PV calibration tables.

Started by rbabos, August 21, 2022, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

August 21, 2022, 01:32:34 PM Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 04:23:58 PM by rbabos
Qurious about something. I've just updated both my desktop and laptop to latest update as well as my PV firmware. Previously on the last update I could see environment tables, where I could switch off the adaptive in the cal. After the update that environment tables selection is missing in all of the stored calibrations , so I don't know if adaptive is still switched off in the cals or not. I did however notice that in Quicktune feature of the PV the adaptive was checked. If I uncheck it, does it have the same effect as previously adding a 0 to the adaptive switch in the calibration?
I find it odd some tables are missing with a software update. Previously, you saw more tables, pre update. What's the deal with that?
Ron

rbabos

Additional info to the above if it helps. Updated software is 3.0.5.38_1800023.06.
PV firmware updated to 2.2.01.1646, from 2.0.19_1506.
Using the update cal from PV did not restore the missing tables, I had before the updates. These cals are for a v rod , J1850 ECM.
Ron

Jim Bronson

This is a post I recently made on the same issue.

"I received a reply from DJ today regarding why others in the forum can see my Cranking Fuel Table and I can't.

With the latest public release of the WinPV software and PV firmware, the average individual does not have access to the Cranking Fuel table of the tune.  If someone else is able to see it, they are either using older updates or they have the Calibrator file, which allows access to many more tables, that is normally only provided to shops.

I guess we average individuals are screwed."
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

rbabos

August 22, 2022, 12:37:47 PM #3 Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 02:15:39 PM by rbabos
Quote from: Jim Bronson on August 22, 2022, 12:24:36 PMThis is a post I recently made on the same issue.

"I received a reply from DJ today regarding why others in the forum can see my Cranking Fuel Table and I can't.

With the latest public release of the WinPV software and PV firmware, the average individual does not have access to the Cranking Fuel table of the tune.  If someone else is able to see it, they are either using older updates or they have the Calibrator file, which allows access to many more tables, that is normally only provided to shops.

Well, doesn't that just suck? That same table is missing on my cals now as well as a few others. I should have left well alone. Damn update crap. It would seem the tables are there but not viewable in the latest software update. My suspicion is you need pro level DJ tuning software to actually see them now. Yet to be determined.
Ron

Jamie Long

Quote from: rbabos on August 22, 2022, 12:37:47 PM
Quote from: Jim Bronson on August 22, 2022, 12:24:36 PMThis is a post I recently made on the same issue.

Well, doesn't that just suck? That same table is missing on my cals now as well as a few others. I should have left well alone. Damn update crap. It would seem the tables are there but not viewable in the latest software update. My suspicion is you need pro level DJ tuning software to actually see them now. Yet to be determined.
Ron

Or you could just open the calibration in the Dynojet C3 software  :wink:
https://docs.dynojet.com/Document/18776

rbabos

August 22, 2022, 03:46:19 PM #5 Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 03:59:47 PM by rbabos
Quote from: Jamie Long on August 22, 2022, 02:40:35 PM
Quote from: rbabos on August 22, 2022, 12:37:47 PM

Ron

Or you could just open the calibration in the Dynojet C3 software  :wink:
https://docs.dynojet.com/Document/18776
Well, yes that works. All tables there in C3 for editing.  A bit more clunky but a solution. Thanks.  So if I edit tables in C3 save the cal, I notice they are still not visible in my PC. So in a nutshell, the tables are there and edited, just not seen unless in C3?
Ron

Jamie Long

Quote from: rbabos on August 22, 2022, 03:46:19 PMWell, yes that works. All tables there in C3 for editing.  A bit more clunky but a solution. Thanks.  So if I edit tables in C3 save the cal, I notice they are still not visible in my PC. So in a nutshell, the tables are there and edited, just not seen unless in C3?
Ron

I'm not clear on what you mean "they are still not visible in my PC", if you are referring to the WinVpv software you are talking about two different sets of software. If you make edits in one software and open in another the tune is the same however the definitions and templates may be different so some items may show in one but not the other, or they may be expressed differently. I strongly suggest using one software or the other. Note everything is moving to C3 and in the not too distant future there will be different permissions and user levels implemented.

rbabos

Quote from: Jamie Long on August 22, 2022, 04:40:14 PM
Quote from: rbabos on August 22, 2022, 03:46:19 PMWell, yes that works. All tables there in C3 for editing.  A bit more clunky but a solution. Thanks.  So if I edit tables in C3 save the cal, I notice they are still not visible in my PC. So in a nutshell, the tables are there and edited, just not seen unless in C3?
Ron

I'm not clear on what you mean "they are still not visible in my PC", if you are referring to the WinVpv software you are talking about two different sets of software. If you make edits in one software and open in another the tune is the same however the definitions and templates may be different so some items may show in one but not the other, or they may be expressed differently. I strongly suggest using one software or the other. Note everything is moving to C3 and in the not too distant future there will be different permissions and user levels implemented.
All good on my end. All seems to work as it should.
Ron

Jim Bronson

Solves my problem too.  :up: Thanks Jamie. I'm wondering why the DJ support rep didn't mention C3. I hope I can retain full access after the permissions version is implemented. I guess I won't be upgrading versions to be safe, although I won't be tuning another bike, so I won't be acquiring an additional license.

rbabos

Quote from: Jim Bronson on August 23, 2022, 08:24:53 AMSolves my problem too.  :up: Thanks Jamie. I'm wondering why the DJ support rep didn't mention C3. I hope I can retain full access after the permissions version is implemented. I guess I won't be upgrading versions to be safe, although I won't be tuning another bike, so I won't be acquiring an additional license.
Jamie good  :up: , DJ :down: Very frustrating customer service and yes, they never responded to me either on the missing tables after updating.
Ron

Jim Bronson

August 24, 2022, 02:08:20 PM #10 Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 03:40:25 PM by Jim Bronson
I modified the idle VE tables today in C3, but I still can't see the tables under the Fuel tab. Based on what I'm seeing and other comments, I don't think cranking fuel table values are the problem. The bike starts and runs fine when cold, so it seems to me that the cranking fuel values are correct. The problem is that when hot it shuts off after idling for a few seconds. Anyway, I'm ready to test with the new idle VE values maybe tomorrow.

Ohio HD

As you said Jim, you may not need to change the cranking fuel. But it's very strange that you can't see it.

Your file, I installed C3 yesterday from Jamie's link, I can see the Cranking Fuel. Do you have another laptop / PC to try?

Coyote

I could see it in WinPV too.

Ohio HD

Jim Bronson

OK, I get it, but I don't get it. Earlier today, I loaded my most recent tune from the PV module. I was able to modify the idle VE tables, save to the module under a different name, and load in the ECM, but I couldn't see the Cranking Fuel table. Today I loaded the same file from my PC and can see the table.  :scratch:

rbabos

Does you lap and PC have the same software. If the PC has a version prior to the last update you will see the tables but not on the lap if it's been updated. Pretty sure, other then the viewing piss off, that cranking table will be a mute topic once you dial in the low end ve.
Ron

Coyote

Mine is current...and I see it.  :pop:

Jim Bronson

Quote from: rbabos on August 25, 2022, 05:13:32 AMDoes you lap and PC have the same software. If the PC has a version prior to the last update you will see the tables but not on the lap if it's been updated. Pretty sure, other then the viewing piss off, that cranking table will be a mute topic once you dial in the low end ve.
Ron
I don't use a laptop. I use a desktop for both editing and programming the PV. It is a kinda pain to remove the PV from the bike every time I want to edit the file, but my laptop is a Chromebook, and neither WinPV nor C3 runs on it. I think you're right that the cranking fuel table isn't an issue for my problem, but I am curious why the table is displayed in C3 when the .pvt file loaded from the PC but not when loaded from the PV.