April 27, 2024, 02:52:21 PM

News:

Clutch issues

Started by oldskool, September 12, 2022, 06:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbuilds

Quote from: JSD on June 01, 2023, 05:31:06 AMI like the full length rollers and ditch the cage

Generally speaking, how much honing of the clutch shell bearing surface have you found is required to make those fit?
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

xlfan

Quote from: billbuilds on June 02, 2023, 02:47:57 AM
Quote from: JSD on June 01, 2023, 05:31:06 AMI like the full length rollers and ditch the cage

Generally speaking, how much honing of the clutch shell bearing surface have you found is required to make those fit?
I have never found need for honing to make the long rollers fit.

SP33DY

At least one of the suppliers of the long rollers used to send them out with one extra roller, just in case. It normally takes 52 rollers, and there is 53 in the package.

JSD

oldskool

Good to go y'all.  I swapped out the old hub for a new one. No drag. Clutch work great. I need a new primary gasket as it's leaking oil from chain oiler.As this is a Dry clutch. Seems a little excessive. I don't want the pri.ary to fill up. It's never leaked like this before. But it seems if I'm leaking  that much oil then my oil level is going g down also.

oldskool

Quote from: oldskool on September 12, 2022, 06:40:10 PMI had a stud pull from basket. I replaced it and I can't get the clutch to stop dragging. It's never dragged before. I tried everyday possible to adjust it over and over. I tried turning adjustment screw in till the rod was 1/2 inch from starter. I tried turning adj. Screw in till lightly seated and backed off a 1/4. I pulled the plates out which are brand new and noticed one dog in basket I loose on one end. Could this make it drag ? Also should these new fibers be soaked first? What's your adj method ? I may have a couple baskets laying around  I'll have to look for them.
Also it is a S&S oil pump.

oldskool

So I've been running the shovel clutch is all good now. But now I'm rolling and all the sudden I'll get a miss then the bike gets louder and loses power. Idk if I'm dropping a cylinder possibly. And I noticed a Crack on the coil rt where top bolt is.I pulled it off to look for a part number and I don't see one anywhere.  The bike has a crane hi 4 ignition and the coils is a 3 wire.

xlfan

A crack in coil casing is usually a bad sign. Any 3-wire 2.8-3 ohm coil will work with the HI-4.