April 25, 2024, 04:48:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

AMI hydraulic clutch slave cylinder

Started by flht1550, September 13, 2022, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flht1550

Has anyone had any experience with the AMI hydraulic clutch slave cylinder. I bought a 2017 road king and can't stand the fact that you have no adjustment to the friction zone. As it is my lever has to be nearly fulling released before bike will move. AMI claims that this will reduce lever pull and bring the friction zone closer to the grip. So my question is does it do as advertised. Thanks

calif phil

I use the Rekluse brand and it does all that.   AIM and Muller also work fine.  AIM had some issues with the early versions but have it corrected by now. 

HogMike

I have the Mueller version on my 2019 cvo with about 55k miles on it with no issues. Replace the fluid twice now, general maintenance.

I think the other brands mentioned are about the same.
Works as advertised.
JMHO
 :missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

dmrdn

Yes it does what they claim. I put one on 3 weeks ago on my 2020 RG Limited. Love it and sorry I had not done it sooner

flht1550

Thanks for all the replies, Is there any reason to learn more toward one brand over the other ?

hattitude

Quote from: flht1550 on September 14, 2022, 07:02:38 AMThanks for all the replies, Is there any reason to learn more toward one brand over the other ?

I suspect they all work about the same...

At the time I got mine, it was just the Mueller and AIM.  The AIM was having some reported issues, and I believe it required some extra parts for the Twin Cam version (my application), so I went with Mueller....

I have no experience with the other brands, but really like the Mueller...

r0de_runr

I put the Rekluse on mine. Very happy.
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

flht1550

Thanks again for your replies, should I consider converting it back to cable like the motor company did

david lee

Quote from: flht1550 on September 14, 2022, 01:46:04 PMThanks again for your replies, should I consider converting it back to cable like the motor company did
i would not go back to cable

david lee

i had a hydro clutch fitted to my trike. best thing i did.a 2 finger operationYou cannot see attachments on this board.

Bigs

Early AIM had a plastic encapsulated o-ring which didn't seal very well, I know I had one. After mine failed I called them for a rebuild kit and they sent it to me free of charge and said they stopped using them and went to the regular o-ring. No problems after that, good friction zone and a lot lighter pull. This was on a '17 RK.
   Bigs

ziggy24

Quote from: flht1550 on September 14, 2022, 07:02:38 AMThanks for all the replies, Is there any reason to learn more toward one brand over the other ?

If by chance, you ever decide in the future, to install a Rekluse torq drive clutch.you should use a Rekluse slave. I know first hand that the AIM will not work with the torq drive clutch. The piston diameters are different between the AIM and the Rekluse. The AIM will not allow enough throw to separate the TD clutch and you will never see neutral again.

Wookie3011

I used Mueller. It DID NOT come with the bleader screw. So I had to try and reinstall the bleeder screw into the new unit. It didn't want to seal and ended up having to repurchase another. I don't know if it's like that with AIM or ReKluse. It's a 1.00 part and sucked that it wasn't ready to go out of the box. The Mueller put the friction zone all the way at the end of the throw on my bike. It drags a tiny bit. Almost undetectable but it's there. I'll probably switch back to stock and work on the strengthening the meat vice. It definitely lessened lever pull.