April 25, 2024, 10:13:27 PM

News:

What cam compares to the 48C but for a 107 M8?

Started by Alienball, October 06, 2022, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alienball

Yes I've been searching these boards.. but I figure ask those who already know. What M8 cam is similar to the Andrews 48C for TC? Thanks.  And thanks for not rippin on my question?

Alienball

I'll answer myself here. The S&S 465 is the closest I've found as far as torque down low. Any input is appreciated, good or bad. Thanks in advance.

kd

Quote from: Alienball on October 06, 2022, 01:59:39 PMI'll answer myself here. The S&S 465 is the closest I've found as far as torque down low. Any input is appreciated, good or bad. Thanks in advance.
Quote from: Alienball on October 06, 2022, 01:23:12 PMYes I've been searching these boards.. but I figure ask those who already know. What M8 cam is similar to the Andrews 48C for TC? Thanks.  And thanks for not rippin on my question?

Go to the M8 board and at the top of the page is a "Sticky" with M8 cam specs.  Open the attachment from Ohio HD and look at some of the other stray examples other members have contributed. Compare them to the Andrews TC cam. From there you can search the Dyno sheets in that section and look for an example for comparison.  The disclaimer here is the M8 is very different breathing with the 4 valve heads and usually flows more stock. You may have to ask more relevant questions hoping the tuners and builders on the site can confirm your findings (or not).  Happy hunting.
KD

Alienball

Will do. Thanks!   I did see some CR480 dynos just searching here that Durwood posted.  Impressive! 

Ohio HD

Sounds like you want a bolt in cam, and has a good pull along most of the RPM range, just not a real high RPM power maker. You can look at these cams that were tested in a 107 and read the descriptions.

Of those tested, I think the S&S 475C looks good for a bolt in 107 inch.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,102329.msg1210241.html#msg1210241