Recommendation on true dual headers - 2021 Road Glide Special

Started by les, September 17, 2022, 08:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les

A friend of mine wants to reduce engine heat.  One of the items we'll be doing is getting rid of the exhaust cat by going to good true dual setup.  What do you recommend?  Thanks.

Fugawee

I can't speak from My own personal experience...but a few Guys I know with 2018 thru 2021 FLH's and FLT's are liking the Cobra Systems.

RTMike

Fulsac has the best system,it fits good and accepts stock heat shields,there muffler core kits are very good too.

calif phil

Another option ,  DEI makes a precut heat shield that goes between the pipe and the stock shield.  Cuts heat 60%

Will even work on most aftermarket systems that use the same pipe design.  $75 901052 should be the part number for that bike. 

Ohio HD

Quote from: calif phil on September 17, 2022, 09:51:35 AMAnother option ,  DEI makes a precut heat shield that goes between the pipe and the stock shield.  Cuts heat 60%

Will even work on most aftermarket systems that use the same pipe design.  $75 901052 should be the part number for that bike. 

First time I've heard of and looked at these. I bet they do help.

rigidthumper

Pretty easy to mod ("off road use only") the stock head pipe, and it will support a 140/140 build (big bore kit, cams, TB & Injectors) with a decent muffler...
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

les

Quote from: calif phil on September 17, 2022, 09:51:35 AMAnother option ,  DEI makes a precut heat shield that goes between the pipe and the stock shield.  Cuts heat 60%

Thanks for that tip!

Ironpig9

Rinehart all the way. Great sound, made tough, look good; oh, they cost lots of pretty pennies too so they must be good.
"The road goes on forever...."