May 05, 2024, 11:03:06 PM

News:

Camplate/oil pump question

Started by hotbagger1, September 28, 2022, 05:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotbagger1

I'm looking to change the cam plate and oil pump in my 2000 Electra Glide. I am torn between the R&R Billet cam plate with the Dan Thayer three stage oil pump or the S&S three stage cam plate and oil pump. If anybody has any experience with either of these two setups please give me your input. Thanks in advance

les

I like the S&S for two reasons.  First, you can adjust the oil pressure to your liking.  Second, blue is my favorite color.

SP33DY

I like the S&S 310-0731 (Drag 0932-0110) because along with hydraulic tensioners, it also allows you to run any early TC cam set.

hattitude

I had already switched my 2003 to the OEM '07+ cam plate with conversion cams... Then several years later, while "messing around" in the cam chest one day, I added the S&S plate/pump...

Mine isn't an extreme build (95" kit with head work), so the OEM plate/pump would have been fine... I just always wanted to try the S&S plate/pump...

It fit well, and works great... no issues in 6k miles...

jsachs1

One is as good as the other. No problems with either that I've used. Screamin Eagle plate and pump, works well also.
John

Armin

Feuling pumps and plates do a phantastic job as well.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

nibroc

:up:

thanks hattidude for the great pics

:hug:

chas

I put in the S&S camplate,higher volume oil pump, hydralic tentioners, lifters, pushrods. All good no complaints

itsafatboy

i like the R&R two piece plate and the Thayer pump , the two pice plate they sell is the strongest plate out there period bolts to every hole on the case actually adds support to flywheel, then you use the thayer 06 pump, works great on my 01 fatboy ,   

Mi Infidel

I have an 01 Super Glide and I used a stock plate with Cyco shoes and a Fueling pump. I couldn't really see spending that much on my cam chest when the Cyco shoes have been proven over the years. The money I saved allowed me to send my heads out for a street port, deck and CC.You cannot see attachments on this board.
2001 FXD 2006 stock heads 95" @ 10.5:1 Fueling 543
Dynatek ignition Supertrapp 2:1 29 tooth front pulley