April 23, 2024, 01:17:56 AM

News:

T-Man Milwaukee 8 Exhaust Port

Started by Ohio HD, September 19, 2022, 11:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

I see where T-Man is working with HPI on a collaborative exhaust / head port design. In the video Tom speaks about modifying the external port angle to accommodate a 2" head pipe on the M8 heads. HPI will supply a modified exhaust flange and head pipe to mate with the T-Man head modifications.

This should be a decent upgrade for horsepower seekers I would think.

T-MAN PERFORMANCE M8 Exhaust Port Modification

Don D

There is a famous race team that has done this. Raised the port too. If the port exited from the front, it would be better yet.

hrdtail78

Good idea for the masses and looks like it will be packaged for retail.  Same can be said about his centered manifold. 

Yet, notching frame is an option for me, and would be my preferred way.
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

Agree Jason, I think this is the purpose of the collaboration of HPI and T-Man. To have a purchase ready kit for the general masses.

I know that Burn's Stainless has a larger system for the M8. The standard system has head pipes like the TC pipes have. And they have a larger three step kit for the M8 as well. I have no idea if that system requires the exhaust port to be opened up or not. I assume it does. They took the kit off the web site. But this was the header pipe sizes.  2.000, 2.125, and 2.250

Oclaf

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 20, 2022, 09:45:01 AMGood idea for the masses and looks like it will be packaged for retail.  Same can be said about his centered manifold. 

Yet, notching frame is an option for me, and would be my preferred way.

NOT notching the frame? no way i would do that regarding any modification to the motor or anything.

Oclaf

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 20, 2022, 10:21:11 AMAgree Jason, I think this is the purpose of the collaboration of HPI and T-Man. To have a purchase ready kit for the general masses.

I know that Burn's Stainless has a larger system for the M8. The standard system has head pipes like the TC pipes have. And they have a larger three step kit for the M8 as well. I have no idea if that system requires the exhaust port to be opened up or not. I assume it does. They took the kit off the web site. But this was the header pipe sizes.  2.000, 2.125, and 2.250
Where i am moving, T-man will be up over the hill so if anything goes wrong with my 114, i may just drop in and have them do it up. Buddy has used their stuff, through his independent shop, 128 motor, 162 HP, no torque, but once he gets 3rd, see ya! (doesnt drop the clutch or do burnouts)

hrdtail78

Too easy to arm chair and tear down what TR is doing.  I am not trying to do that here at all.  Much respect for the man.  BUT is there a benefit to a 2 inch pipe compared to the more of a radius that is needed to make it work with a stock frame?  Over a smaller pipe that doesn't need as much radius?
Semper Fi

les

Oclaf

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 20, 2022, 11:46:06 AMToo easy to arm chair and tear down what TR is doing.  I am not trying to do that here at all.  Much respect for the man.  BUT is there a benefit to a 2 inch pipe compared to the more of a radius that is needed to make it work with a stock frame?  Over a smaller pipe that doesn't need as much radius?

Yes...