Big sucker vs ventilator vs extreme ventilator

Started by anthonyflhx, October 09, 2022, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

Does anybody know the air flow of each ac kit? Arlen ness big sucker, Harley ventilator and Harley extreme ventilator.
I have M8 with big sucker, mufflers and cams, and want to swap the ac for the ventilator.
I've heard there is little difference between big sucker and Harley ventilator with stock filter.
If i change filter to k and n then ventilator would have little more air flow and the extreme ventilator would have the most out of the three.
Does anybody have any real data/ experience between these 3?
I thought the big sucker was a high flow filter and would be more equal to the extreme or at least the regular ventilator with a k and n filter.
My goal is to swap to ventilator style ac without having to dyno again, if that's possible. Thanks.

Breeze

Any of those "allow" as much air as a fairly stock M8 will need. A/f's allow air to flow, they don't cause more to flow.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Deye76

Quote from: Breeze on October 10, 2022, 02:45:44 AMAny of those "allow" as much air as a fairly stock M8 will need. A/f's allow air to flow, they don't cause more to flow.

Does this mean a filter that flows more than another doesn't change the AFR, unless the flow requirements are changed, like head modifications, displacement, or a cam/pipe change?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Breeze

I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.