March 29, 2024, 08:12:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fueling 472

Started by euchre98, September 26, 2022, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euchre98

Anybody installed or running one?  Prospective bike is 21 SGS 114

rigidthumper

Almost identical to the Red Shift 472- both are good mid range cams, in the sea of good mid range cams. Good pipe, S&S or SE manifold, 5.5 inj, hi flow AC, & a good tune, expect 125ish torque + 115ish HP.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Oclaf

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 27, 2022, 07:46:37 AMAlmost identical to the Red Shift 472- both are good mid range cams, in the sea of good mid range cams. Good pipe, S&S or SE manifold, 5.5 inj, hi flow AC, & a good tune, expect 125ish torque + 115ish HP.
Read this, "the 114 cu in (1,870 cc) version making a claimed 119 lb⋅ft (161 N⋅m)" out of wikipedia so theres that but not much of a torque difference?? if true. J/S

rigidthumper

I recently had a 2022 all stock 114 RGS on the drum, 7500 miles, made 115/83.  Adding 10 more TQ & 30 more HP with a bolt in is worth it to me :)

Ohio HD

hhummm.....   wikipedia or rigidthumperpedia    :scratch:

I'll take rigidthumperpedia.      :chop:

NHBagger

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 27, 2022, 09:01:00 AMhhummm.....  wikipedia or rigidthumperpedia    :scratch:

:agree:

Oclaf

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 27, 2022, 09:01:00 AMhhummm.....  wikipedia or rigidthumperpedia    :scratch:

I will stay with what my 114 puts out, as is. Not just a 'bolt in' even for us Wrenchhead's. If i ever feel like this bike is slow and needs more power or speed, i remember back to my twinkie, evo and ironhead days. i am not track running which all '10 more' really does to warrant breaking the seal. Right on 30k in two years, bikes running great, may need a battery but i think it's the tender. regardless, that cam money has been spent on trips, road trips. To each their own. We still play American, where we choose what to do, and that's what makes being a rider great. We all make different choices on how we roll down the road. Ride On!

rigidthumper

I tend to agree, my 114 has been the best factory engine I've had so far.  :teeth:
But; then I wonder, so I swap AC, & mufflers, & head pipe, & cams, and cylinders,  :idunno:

I guess I need to go to a meeting,  huh?  :hug:

Ohio HD

nahhh, your normal. Stock is...  well just stock.....     :SM:

Hossamania

Right, you don't have to beat everybody in a race, but you do have to beat your friends!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

HogMike

Quote from: Hossamania on September 28, 2022, 10:07:00 AMRight, you don't have to beat everybody in a race, but you do have to beat your friends!

Thank God I only have 3 friends!

:slap:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Ohio HD

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 28, 2022, 09:56:59 AMI tend to agree, my 114 has been the best factory engine I've had so far.  :teeth:
But; then I wonder, so I swap AC, & mufflers, & head pipe, & cams, and cylinders,  :idunno:

You don't happen to have a dyno sheet overlay of the stock vs. modified? I think it would be interesting to see. I imagine there are more increases along the curve.

Oclaf

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 28, 2022, 09:56:59 AMI tend to agree, my 114 has been the best factory engine I've had so far.  :teeth:

As they say in government, to be transparent and inclusive, i do have an SE Ventilator Air Cleaner, off a 117 RKS my buddy discarded. A full Cobra Pro Chamber exhaust to include Neighbor Haters, first purchase btw-the muffs, and the dreaded SE Tuner. If something goes sideways, i will then do the internals to something i fancy, i am moving close to T-man in North Kackalakeey or however one says it, so if that need arises...till then, i will continue to run with my 3 friends, none of us whom really race each other...interesting how we all have so much in common, bikes, 3 friends, dreams of cams, etc...

rigidthumper

Don't have one with the F472, but I do have one with the TTS175.
Green is all stock 114, blue is stage 1 (V&H Slip-ons, SEAC), orange is Cobra head pipe, Kromeworks mufflers, SEEAC, TTS175 cam.

Ohio HD

Yeah, I say TTS 175 for the win. Amazing increases with only a few performance parts.    :up:

Hossamania

And just to muddy it up a bit.
If it doesn't help, or doesn't apply here, I apologize. (A friend is running it in a 114 and likes it a lot.)

S&S 465 dyno

Tail Ridr

Just for clarity, that's not an S&S 465, its a Hulten Speed Sports 465...Ray's own design
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

Hossamania

Quote from: Tail Ridr on September 28, 2022, 04:18:35 PMJust for clarity, that's not an S&S 465, its a Hulten Speed Sports 465...Ray's own design

Whoops, sorry about that, didn't mean to misinform.

biggzed

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 28, 2022, 12:26:31 PMDon't have one with the F472, but I do have one with the TTS175.
Green is all stock 114, blue is stage 1 (V&H Slip-ons, SEAC), orange is Cobra head pipe, Kromeworks mufflers, SEEAC, TTS175 cam.

Interesting. That TTS cam really pops to life at 3200 doesn't it.

Zach

NHBagger

Quote from: biggzed on October 03, 2022, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: rigidthumper on September 28, 2022, 12:26:31 PMDon't have one with the F472, but I do have one with the TTS175.

Interesting. That TTS cam really pops to life at 3200 doesn't it.

Zach

GMR uses that cam. Seems to be exhaust sensitive?

rigidthumper

I'd say so. Here's a comparison- both 2019 touring models with Hi flow AC, 114" engine, &TTS 175 cam.
1st bike has Cobra 2-1-2 head pipe/Krome works mufflers (orange), 2nd bike has a V&H Pro Pipe (red).