March 29, 2024, 04:34:41 AM

News:

Zippers 128 - Is it streetable?

Started by Alienball, September 28, 2022, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alienball

Asking for a friend.  Seriously.  Had this discussion with a friend as we were taliking about the zippers 128 kit. To make a long question short- Is a bike with the Zippers 128 kit in it as streetable and as enjoyable to ride as a stock bike?  will that type of perfmormance motor still a great riding bike just normal riding.  Odd question but...

Thanks again

hrdtail78

Generally speaking.  Yes, you can build big cu in and still have it a daily rider with out any pms.  All depends on the combination of parts and how it is put together.  As fun?  IMO they are more fun because they have more power.

Semper Fi

hattitude

I agree with the above....

I think it's a matter of well matched parts and a very good, albeit conservative, tune....

I put a 124" S&S crate engine in my 2016 bagger. It was done by FuelMoto and Jaime tuned it. It ended up with 135HP and 151TQ..

Just last week I rode it to Reno Street Vibrations from San Diego, with 3 other guys. We also did a day ride each day while there...

I just rode it sedately, in the group.... Even in the day rides around the hills of Reno, I never got less than 42mpg, and on one stretch along the 395, I got 45mpg...

It ran excellent and never missed a beat...

But I had plenty of power to pass anyone I wanted along the way.... :bike:

biggzed

Zippers makes 2 different 128" kits. The Muscle and Sleeper. The Muscle kit is 10.9:1 and cranks 225ccp using their 552 cam. I didn't see the specs on the sleeper kit but it uses their 472 cam.

I'm sure either could be ridden daily and comfortably with a proper tune as others have said. The Muscle kit could be more picky on quality fuel and air temps. 225ccp is on the higher end for a TC, not sure how that translates to the M8. Something I will research when the time comes to bump up the power on my Street Bob.

Zach