May 08, 2024, 04:15:08 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hard to find dyno comparing slip-ons to full system

Started by apehair, November 06, 2022, 04:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apehair

I've tried searching for this topic without luck, so bear with me. I've always heard/read/been told the full system gives you more power (both HP & TQ) than the slip-on, but I never asked how *much* more.

I've combed over tons of dyno charts, but can't find apples to apples comparisons.

Has anyone dynoed both the slip-on and the full system (for any maker) with everything else being equal?

I'm guessing that the difference on a M8 is minor, maybe 3-4 HP, 3-4 ft/lbs TQ. If it were more, it would be shouted from the rooftops by the manufacturers.

Anybody know?

Thx,

Rick

guydoc77

apehair

At the moment, no, but I will probably do Stage 2. And I'm talking about a 2021 114 Ultra Limited. Neglected to point that out earlier.

Rick

Hossamania

With that setup the stock head pipe and good slip-ons will give very good power. You can remove the cat, it helps a bit with heat, but it doesn't hurt power noticeably to leave it in.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

Take a look at the FuelMoto web site dyno section.  Jamie is a site supporter here and has a listing in that section.  His web site has a huge collection of dyno examples.  You`ll have to sort through a large number of them to find similar builds using different exhaust but by the time you are finished you`ll be well educated.
KD

apehair

Yep, I started at the Fuel Moto site, great library of Dyno runs there. I love doing business with them, too.

Rick