2022 FLHR RDRS 107 Power Vision tuning

Started by blackhillsken, October 20, 2022, 09:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhillsken

Guys & Girls......Can anyone tell me if tuning an RDRS bike with Power Vision has become similar to time spent on a non-RDRS bike? Assuming the correct base map is used for starting the tuning process, has the job gotten easier than earlier?
I'm asking because I have been using Thunder Max systems on RDRS bikes, but that deal is more expensive than keeping the stock ECM and tuning with Power Vision. I got started with the T-Max mainly because I bailed on my favorite tuner (starts with TT) when tuning RDRS bikes. The extremely intensive logging procedures & related emailing of logs back and forth for that excellent tuner were too much for me.
I typically tune using a shop Power Vision for logging AFR data, then create a new map with MyTune. Then flash the stock ECM with whatever the owner already has for a tuner (SEPST, PV, or TTS) unless I'm using a new Power Vision for the tune.
Forgot to mention the above bike is getting a Zippers 468 cam.
Ken

hrdtail78

No.  It isn't any easier.

Now you can go online and use VTune for Tq Cntl.  Still the same resolution in the collection table.

Semper Fi

blackhillsken

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 20, 2022, 03:57:18 PMNo.  It isn't any easier.

Now you can go online and use VTune for Tq Cntl.  Still the same resolution in the collection table.

Thanks hrdtail78. I appreciate it.
Ken