Did I make a mistake buying Tab w/Zombies??

Started by Alienball, November 06, 2022, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alienball

So I purchased Tab Bam Sticks with Zombie baffles before I decided to add a cam & tune. Thought I was going to leave it stock but then changed my mind.  So, will the Tabs allow for a proper tune with stock head pipe, stage 2 breather and cam? I've seen mixed reviews so.. did I screw myself putting Tab with zombie baffles on? (2020 RG 107) If I'm just gonna lose a few torque #s I can live with it but if they're horrible for tuning please chime in. 

rigidthumper

The dip looks like you took a shovel to the curve...
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Alienball

I was afraid of that. Anyone know if their torque rings actually help to solve the problem? I thought about removing the cat and trying those.

rigidthumper

If your cat is still there, you'll be OK. Removing the cat, combined with the Zombies, is the biggest TQ killer. If you remove the cat, the medium baffles are the best compromise between sound and TQ. The smaller (1.75") baffles help the TQ curve, but are quieter than the medium baffles.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Alienball

Is leaving the cat in combined with the zombies any help? Or are the zombies gonna kill torque no matter what? Thanks in advance.

Alienball