April 23, 2024, 11:21:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2007 Harley Davidson 50th Anniversary Sportster

Started by dubepj, November 10, 2022, 07:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubepj

Looking at buying this bike (2007 Harley Davidson 50th Anniversary Sportster) but it's 200 mikes away so looking at spec sheets it's confusing. 
Two things.  Front wheel size.  Is it 19" or 21"
Gas tank size  Is it 4.5 US gals or 3.3 US gals.
Thanks for info

rigidthumper

November 10, 2022, 08:14:06 AM #1 Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 08:28:46 AM by rigidthumper
See if they list the VIN- digits 4 (displacement) 5,6 (model) and 7 (engine) are significant. That info will he helpful in seeing what it had when it left the factory.
Should be 19" laced front wheel, smaller tank.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

dubepj

Thanks rigidthumper
Bike has only 3000 miles so I believe it's totally stock as it came from factory.  Lady who owns it put shorter shocks and solo seat. These parts come with the bike. No other mods.  I was hoping for the larger tank.  Won't have much range with only 3.3 gals.

rigidthumper

The bigger Anniv orange tank would be 61195-07BNR, but I don't know if they would let you order that part number.

dubepj

I think it would have about 125 mile range.  I'll learn to live with that.  This is a FI bike so it will have a warning light.  By any chance do you know about how many miles after light come on??

rigidthumper

Most of them notify you with somewhere between 30-45 miles to empty. Not real precise :)

dubepj

January 02, 2023, 07:09:34 AM #6 Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:14:50 AM by dubepj
One more question please.  Owner tells me there is no security system, or key fob for this Sportster.  It's a XL50 anniversary model. 
Did some have it and some did not??
Maybe it was an option,  I would prefer it did not. I'm used to old bikes with less stuff to give grief.

rigidthumper

smoserx1

I have a friend with a Sportster with the bigger tank and the big tank looks very good IMO...it makes the whole bike look a lot bigger.  I would be surprised if you could get the tank with that special anniversary color anymore but you could probably get a new primed one no problem and any decent body shop can probably match it fine.  IIRC back then not only did Harley change colors every year or so but sometimes would issue very limited special colors for a few models mid year.  I remember seeing a brand new touring model with  paint that appeared to change from green to gold as you walked around it.  Nice new, not so nice years later if you need to replace sheet metal part.  Getting a black one solves lots of these problems.  I would go ahead & get the bike with the peanut tank and later if you want the bigger one you can probably sell the small one online.  Somebody is bound  to have one that color with a dent in it and would want yours.