May 07, 2024, 10:36:49 PM

News:

Barn find...

Started by bump, November 15, 2022, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

I like the solution that bump used, probably better than throwing it into the clothes dryer.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

Pretty hard to hide that performance from the wife eh!
KD

Hossamania

Quote from: kd on November 19, 2022, 02:48:57 PMPretty hard to hide that performance from the wife eh!

It seemed like a good idea at the time ...

FXDBI

Quote from: kd on November 19, 2022, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on November 19, 2022, 02:13:41 PM
Quote from: kd on November 19, 2022, 02:13:08 PM:hyst:  Laziness ... the mother of invention.    :up: 

I have invented a lot of stuff!

:up:  :hyst: to you also.  I live in the same world as you.

I prefer to refer to it has working smart not hard.   :smiled:   Story of my life has a millwright/pressure welder.   Bob

hattitude

Quote from: bump on November 19, 2022, 01:29:08 PMI put about 1qt of acetone and let it sit over night, got more out. Alot of Kreem at rear of tank. Filled it with about 2 handfulls of 1/4" nuts and about a pint of kerosene. Shook that puppy til arms gave out. I might have found an easier way. Ran it about 2 hrs. Dumped everything out of tank and rinsed it out. Looks like new inside.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Ingenious....  :hyst:

But I found a different way....

When I was "cleaning" the failed paint out of my 2001 fuel tank...

I put some #6 birdshot in the tank, and wrapped it in bubble wrap. Then wrapped that in a big comforter.... I then put it in the dryer on delicate spin....

I used no chemicals, so it didn't get it "like new" clean, but all the failed and failing paint was "scraped" away...  It's been fine now going on 4 years...

Fugawee

I gotta' give You Guys credit...those are some good ideas.  I wish that I had thought of something like that when I did the Sportster Tank I mentioned previously.  It took Me a long time shaking the Tank like I was making Martini's.

So, this got Me thinking...I'm wondering if one of those Paint Can Shakers that You see in a Paint Dept. when buying a gallon of paint would work?
I see that a large Discount Tool Store has them for about 150 bucks.  But how often will You need to use it to justify actually purchasing one?
It could be an idea for a Christmas Gift for the Person who is a "toolaholic".

kd

Quote from: Fugawee on November 20, 2022, 08:04:01 AMI gotta' give You Guys credit...those are some good ideas.  I wish that I had thought of something like that when I did the Sportster Tank I mentioned previously.  It took Me a long time shaking the Tank like I was making Martini's.

So, this got Me thinking...I'm wondering if one of those Paint Can Shakers that You see in a Paint Dept. when buying a gallon of paint would work?
I see that a large Discount Tool Store has them for about 150 bucks.  But how often will You need to use it to justify actually purchasing one?
It could be an idea for a Christmas Gift for the Person who is a "toolaholic".

I'd rather have the tractor.  :teeth:
KD

Hossamania

A paint shaker seems a bit violent to me.

kd

Quote from: Hossamania on November 20, 2022, 09:26:52 AMA paint shaker seems a bit violent to me.

Yeah, I recon the paint on the outside of the tank would be popping off too.  :crook:
KD

calif phil

Redneck Engineering at it's best. Bumps' garage has everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink.

kd

Quote from: calif phil on November 21, 2022, 10:34:07 AMRedneck Engineering at it's best. Bumps' garage has everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink.

Very observant of you.  :hyst:
KD

bump

Quote from: kd on November 21, 2022, 04:44:44 PM
Quote from: calif phil on November 21, 2022, 10:34:07 AMRedneck Engineering at it's best. Bumps' garage has everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink.

The sink is gone donated to Habitat For Humanity

Leed

Quote from: bump on November 22, 2022, 06:39:50 AM
Quote from: kd on November 21, 2022, 04:44:44 PM

The sink is gone donated to Habitat For Humanity

I do like the classic automatic parking warning system so you won't pull in to far. My folks had the same model.

calif phil

Quote from: bump on November 19, 2022, 01:29:08 PMI put about 1qt of acetone and let it sit over night, got more out. Alot of Kreem at rear of tank. Filled it with about 2 handfulls of 1/4" nuts and about a pint of kerosene. Shook that puppy til arms gave out. I might have found an easier way. Ran it about 2 hrs. Dumped everything out of tank and rinsed it out. Looks like new inside.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Did you put the other half on the other side and spin them both at the same time to save fuel and time?

bump

No one wheel has to have traction for the other to turn.