May 09, 2024, 08:06:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Even officers with sirens and lights get hit by left hand turns

Started by hd-dream, November 13, 2008, 03:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nearmiss

November 17, 2008, 02:40:35 PM #25 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:41:46 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Quote from: adayrider on November 15, 2008, 05:09:48 PM
HAWG HOLLER
2. Flash your lights at cars that are waiting to make a left or pulling up to a stop sign on the right. I've found that flashing my lights sometimes wakes up the driver of the vehicle who I've noticed is either yakking on a phone, has the impatient look of someone who is late for work or has that faraway look of someone on drugs or whose mind has drifted away into another galaxy.

This gives me the willies from my head to my toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I pray that someday that nobody takes that as a go ahead cause I'm in no hurry and I'm a nice guy. Flashing your lights in the trucking business means go ahead its A OK you got it. Old school ways was on and off, Now days drivers are to lazy to reach for the switch and it could be on-off, high beam-low beam, or fog lights or what ever. So be carefull that is not fool proof the way I see it.
ADAY

I agree.  A 16 year old girl pulled in front of a friend of mine after he flashed his headlight.  She thought he was letting her out.  He was lucky he survived.

Coyote

Here's a spin off article regarding this accident and loud pipes. Interesting perspective from the CHP. Looks like my true duals are safe for a while.

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/1403291.html

seattledyna

nice article, but you would think more fingers would be pointed at the high pitch, wound out sportbikes, that the sound that gets to me!  HDs are like music, but I know..not to everyone :embarrassed: