April 24, 2024, 03:00:16 AM

News:

PV Auto Tune On Stock Bike

Started by lilchief, December 20, 2022, 02:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilchief

I've got a PV2 that I purchased back in 2015 when I made some mods on my RG, which I just traded in for a new 2022 Lowrider ST. The PV was purchased from Fuel Moto & they explained what I need to do to make it work with the new bike. I'm probably going to move forward with it & buy the tuners license. I don't want to void the warranty on the new bike yet, so 2 questions:
Will hooking it up to the new bike to obtain the stock file void the warranty, and #2, is there any benefit to running it in auto tune mode on a completely stock bike?
Thank you
Lil Chief

rigidthumper

No. Retrieving the .stk file does not alter the warranty. Flashing the ECM with a non-EPA approved tune/tuner does.
and
No. The bike has a map that works well with the stock components, and I've found they hold set AFR fairly well.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Coyote

If I read correctly it won't work on a 2022 bike.

lilchief

Thanks Guys,

FM reached back out to me this morning & confirmed what Rigid wrote. They said my current device will work with the new bike, but I have to purchase the new cable and the tuners license. I then need to pull the .stk file and email it to them to generate the license. I'll keep this bike stock as far as the tune, until the warranty expires, but I'd like to have the option to flash it available if I suddenly change my mind and put a new pipe on it, etc.
Thank you,
Lil Chief

Coyote