April 18, 2024, 08:42:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

03 ultra radio issues

Started by chas, March 29, 2023, 08:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas

My radio in the fairing on my 03 ultra is not working good. It cuts in and out when coming to a stop and idling. Kind of works when it wants, The cd player does the same! Maybe a bad connection or something? Any thoughts?

Hossamania

Pull the fairing off (easily done) and start checking wires.
Does the radio faceplate stay lit when this happens, or is it losing power and then powering back up?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

chas

radio seems like its losing power or fading out.Not really seeing the face of radio going out

Hossamania

You can still check your connections, but it may be a case of the radio starting to fail. A search here will yield some threads about this very problem. Iron Cross used to repair those units, not sure if they are still doing it.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

calif phil

Iron Cross only repairs the Harmon Kardon units, Radio Sound used to repair the older units but has stopped due to lack of replacement parts.  Luckily there are plug and play aftermarket radios if you find the head unit is bad. 

Fugawee

I have an 03' Ultra also...
As previously mentioned by Hoss regarding removing the Outer Fairing and checking the connections...also check the connections going to the Speaker Toggle Switch, and the Switch itself on the Inner Fairing.
I had the Accessory Switch play games with Me and had to replace it.
Same type of Switch used for the four different functions on the Inner Fairing other than what it is marked as.