April 24, 2024, 11:40:21 AM

News:

PV1 Update Issue

Started by rbabos, January 21, 2023, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

January 21, 2023, 08:21:10 AM Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 10:27:34 AM by rbabos
 I have an issue since my last updated PV1 firmware and Win software. If I load a cal and when it asks to clear trims and I choose yes, the system will not unlock ECM and will go into a general fail and not load the cal. If I choose no to the clear trims it will load the cal. This does not seem correct and likely some form of glitch?

Previous version of firmware was 2.2.01-1646
Software was 3.0.5.38
Tune base was 0.0.10.12
I had no issues with this prior to November update. Is there any way to go back to these earlier versions?

Problem started when I updated to
Firmware 2.5.0-1659
Software 3.3.0.59
Tune base 0.0.10.13
Thanks,
Ron

FXDBI

I had trouble with my PV-1 last year after updating. It would fail and garble the screen. Did a recovery on mine with the dyno jet recovery tool. No more problems PV-1 is like new again. You need to save the maps on it has they all get erased and the unit gets re-loaded. Worked for me and my problem.   Bob

rbabos

Yes, I understand the recovery part although my unit in 10 years has had no issues. Problem is I could recover but to finalize and update I will end up right where I am right now. There is no option for earlier firmware that I had prior. Just this 2.5.0-1659 latest version from DJ site. I need the 2.2.01-1646 firmware prior to that for the PV. I have the previous software 3.0.5.38 for the Winpv. Those two together worked well.  This is for the PV1 4pin J1850. Not sure how to get that previous firmware or if it's even possible via a file to revert back. Tune base would also need to go back to 0.0.10.12 as well to end up where I was before.
Ron 

FXDBI

Ron I have had mine for 10yrs + has well same unit. My understanding and experience with firmware is you can only miss 1 update or risk problems. Which is what I experienced. The recovery had made my PV run flawless again.  I don't think its possible to go back with out a program to clean and reload the firmware. I didn't see anything out there when I researched my problems and found a fix. A recovery might solve your problem I dont see it making it worse.  Maybe some firmware/programmer can enlighten us with some knowledge.   Bob

rbabos

Not sure where the hell my last post went to from today? Bottom line is I'd be happy with the latest update for firmware and software , if this fail to load error when selecting yes to reset fuel trims is resolved and why no failure to load cal happens if I select no to reset fuel trims.
Ron

Colvinb

June 02, 2023, 01:33:43 PM #5 Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 09:10:44 PM by Colvinb
Ron, I'm having the same issue with mine. I bought my PV back when they first came out and have had no issues up until the latest software updates.  Ive noticed it when just trying to flash a tune or when trying to enable autotune sessions when it needs to load your cal.  It takes a very long time to cycle throught the prompts and then ends up with the "general fail" error.  Ive got it to go through by trying over and over again but no rhyme or reason why it sometimes works.  I will subscribe to this for sure to see any outcomes or advice.