May 03, 2024, 01:20:46 AM

News:

Softail Frame Differences 2018 & Up

Started by lilchief, January 29, 2023, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilchief

I was at the dealership the other day, and the parts guy was telling me that certain parts, such as seats, are not interchangeable on the 2018 & up M8 softails. I asked him why, because I didn't know. He apparently didn't either and he referred to the P&A catalog and it said that certain seats were only for certain models. Are the frame rails different between the models or is it the rear mounting for the seat? Curious as to what it is. Eventually I'm sure I'll be looking for a different seat for my Lowrider ST.
Thanks,
Lil Chief

lilchief

Deye,
Yep my ST has 2 holes, one of which is being used to mount the stock solo seat. The other one, which is more rearward on the fender, would be for a 2 up seat. I'm just curious if those holes are in different positions on the various softail models, which is why seat manufacturers are saying the seats aren't interchangeable amongst certain models.

Deye76

Fender width and arc play a role, I was told by Mustang.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

lilchief

Quote from: Deye76 on January 30, 2023, 09:22:05 AMFender width and arc play a role, I was told by Mustang.

Thank you sir! That makes sense.

JSD

Same with pipes ya got the 240 rear or 180.

lilchief

Thanks Guys,

I haven't been keeping up with the Softail models in a number of years, but now that I own a new one, I'll have to start doing some learnin'

Lil Chief

biggzed

Fuel tank may play a part as well. My Street Bob has a 3.3 gallon. I don't think my seat will fit on a 5 gallon model.

Zach