April 25, 2024, 12:40:40 AM

News:

Going from Power Vision to TTS

Started by dmrdn, February 08, 2023, 08:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmrdn

Question for the tuners out there

Probably a stupid question but here goes
I have a 2020 Road Glide Limited that was tuned with a Power Vision License.  I went with PV because the TTS was impossible to get when my bike was tuned.

I see where TTS has now released the BT version now and I am thinking about getting it.

If I get the TTS and attach it. can I save the Flash that PV put on it for the tune and then if I want to, flash it back on to the ECM and things would be the same.  one side of me says it will work okay and the other side says it would not.  I think it would work as we are dealing with the changes to the ECM which should not be Tuner specific but I do not know for sure.

I have used TTS in the past with the Flight Recorder to really dial thing in and just like the ability dial it in better based on my riding style vs buying the PV and then the autotune kit etc.

Thanks in advance for input.

hrdtail78

If you have a Vision.  You can get the cal and save it in the vision or transfer to computer.  If not.  Using the Master Tune.  Save the file in the ECM.  This will be saved as a MTE file.  This can be saved on the VCI unit and be transferred to a computer.  This MTE file is going to be the Vision file that was downloaded into your ECM.

I am not sure in the new units do this or not.  BUT the older units use to automatically save the last download into the ECM as an MTE file onto your computer and VCI.
Semper Fi

dmrdn

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.