May 03, 2024, 12:12:03 AM

News:

Few questions

Started by roadkingdresser, February 15, 2023, 03:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

February 15, 2023, 03:24:38 AM Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 05:32:27 AM by roadkingdresser
A friend picked up a 19-road king special. Someone put a stupid paint job on it and he wanted it torn apart to repaint. Well in the process I found that the air cleaner they put on wasn't bolted to the throttle body, of course, the o-rings need to be changed. The exhaust pipe was loose and the exhaust gaskets need to be changed. the pipe was decatted and the wires for the o2 sensors were cut and twisted together at the plug. White and purple twisted together and black and grey twisted together. Any idea about this would be appreciated. When I took the cam cover off, I found it has an S&S GEAR DRIVE SETUP. Didn't check for any codes before I took everything off.

Thanks for any help.
roadkingdresser

rigidthumper

Exhaust gaskets are the same. Parts info can be found here:   LINK
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

calif phil

I have seen a few late model bikes come in that have aftermarket air cleaners, the "installer" did not take off the OEM support bar, that kept the air cleaner from sealing tight around the throttle body. 

bigfoot5x

And to think someone paid for that work.

kd

Quote from: bigfoot5x on February 15, 2023, 11:37:54 AMAnd to think someone paid for that work.

:scratch:   Or maybe they should have paid to have someone do that work.  :nix:
KD