April 20, 2024, 04:15:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lifter Block Gasket Oil Feed Hole Alignment

Started by billbuilds, February 11, 2023, 12:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lee

billbuilds

By the right gaskets do you mean paper ones David Lee? Because the dealership had the paper style gaskets in stock though the rear feed hole still did not line up well so I enlarged it with the X-Acto knife. Maybe way anal but I feel better putting it together after having opened it up and then applying a light coat of spray copper. 

SP33DY, That's a greet idea. The other set of gaskets that I have coming in the mail are metal core. Will keep your trick in mind for down the road. Thanks 
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

JW113

Interesting. Use in a shop press? Country of origin?

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

JSD

billbuilds

Quote from: JW113 on February 15, 2023, 02:23:32 PMInteresting. Use in a shop press? Country of origin?

-JW

Looks just like the used kit on eBay - made in China.
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

billbuilds

Quote from: JSD on February 15, 2023, 06:35:42 PMJames gaskets never an issue. Mi 2 bits

Which ones? They're available in .020 paper, .031 paper and foamet (metal core).

crock

Quote from: billbuilds on February 16, 2023, 03:38:25 AM
Quote from: JW113 on February 15, 2023, 02:23:32 PMInteresting. Use in a shop press? Country of origin?

-JW

Looks just like the used kit on eBay - made in China.

The one I use is made by Precision and made for cutting shim stock. Just line up where you want the hole and smack it with a hammer
Crock

JSD

Quote from: billbuilds on February 16, 2023, 03:53:48 AM
Quote from: JSD on February 15, 2023, 06:35:42 PMJames gaskets never an issue. Mi 2 bits

Which ones? They're available in .020 paper, .031 paper and foamet (metal core).
I have only used paper cant comment on new type

wfolarry

billbuilds

Quote from: wfolarry on February 17, 2023, 06:25:03 AMI use the gaskets from S&S.

S&S p/n 33-5302 for the pair. Looks like they may well have been private labeled with the S&S logo by the  gasket manufacturer. The ones I got from the dealer are made by Lydall/Interface Materials (formerly Armstrong). Apparently they are now a division of AFG - Accurate Felt & Gasket.