April 17, 2024, 05:17:41 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stock GPS question

Started by bigfoot5x, July 19, 2023, 01:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfoot5x

2016 Street Glide Special. When the fuel gauge is low, the screen will show "Low Range, do you want to know the next closest gas stations?" or something to that effect. It's very helpful in letting me know the brand of gas and distance to the station and then offers to direct me there. Right? I assume others have seen the message.

However, when traveling recently, I wanted to find the next gas stations coming up, just like the screen shows. How do I get it to do that? I can search for "POI" and gas stations but I have to ask for specific brands. This is a pain in the a$$ at 80 mph. Is there any way to get the GPS/Boom Box to use the default screen for the "Low Range" warning?

ultrafxr

I'm out of town and not with my bike but will try by memory.  I assume you mean the display is in alphabetical order by name rather than by distance.  If that is correct you can sort by distance.  I think the icon is in the center of the pane showing on the right side of the screen.  You can toggle back and forth - alphabetical or distance.  Hope this helps.

bigfoot5x

I'll give it a try. Thanks.