May 05, 2024, 02:00:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'01 FLTRSEI no power at 1/3 throttle today

Started by still_on2_wheels, April 12, 2023, 09:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

still_on2_wheels

Out of nowhere, I get no power at about 1/3 roll of the throttle. It acts like it is getting zero gas at that point and will perform like the ignition has been turned off. Roll back to idle, and power is restored. It seems to be independent of RPM (I can take it to 3k), and independent of speed (can go 60mph). But try and accelerate with 1/2 throttle and you wont go anywhere.

No engine mods to the bike, factory MagMorelli setup. Just a set of orings installed for the fuel line couplings (at the tank) over the weekend. Never any issues in 80k miles.

Throttle Pos Sensor as the culprit? Check with a DVOM?

Thanks!
Shiney side up please.

Breeze

New fuel coupling orings over the weekend an issue came up? I always start with the last thing worked on.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

xlfan

Insufficient fuel delivery to take it above 3k?
I agree with Breeze. New o-rings restrict delivery? 

screem

My 2000 FLTRSEI, was suffering no power as throttle rolled on. Turned out to be the lining in the degraded and was plugging the sock around the fuel pump. I had the tank liner removed, re coated it with redcote.. replaced everthing internally in the tank.... is running tip top