April 27, 2024, 08:03:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Unexpected change in VEs

Started by 98fxstc, April 02, 2023, 07:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98fxstc

April 30, 2023, 02:15:49 AM #25 Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 02:39:12 AM by 98fxstc
Quote from: lonewolf on April 29, 2023, 07:06:37 PMI'm confused on when you installed the updated map. Before or after the first pic?

I did the updated map before the initial vtuning check (the first pic)
I did a quick run, about an hour with a mix of riding to confirm everything was working ok before I went away for the weekend.
Everything seemed ok.
The VEs were pretty much on track with previous vtuning.(the first pic)

I expected to pick up a few more cells on the trip away and call it done.
But I had substantial changes in the VEs which has indicated a problem somewhere.
The second pics are showing that

The injector constant was wrong for both sessions, it looks like I have been carrying it for a while.

98fxstc

Quote from: Hilly13 on April 30, 2023, 01:41:46 AMFind anything cobber?

I did the checks arse about.
I pulled the fuel pump assembly out and checked all the connections, o rings and fuel lines.
I couldn't see any holes or cracks in the fuel lines so I hooked up an air hose with 60psi and submerged them. No bubbles. Nothing.
I also applied a bit of pressure to the external fuel line from the check valve to the injector fuel rail to check for leaks. All good.

98fxstc

I have the data from the Anzac Day Run a couple of days ago but haven't processed it yet.
Coyote has added DM3 files to eligible files so I can post them for any one who is interested in having a look at them but I do not have any data files previous to the update for comparison.

Hilly13

Pinch the pump an reg out of the young fellas bike lol
Just because its said don't make it so

98fxstc

Quote from: Hilly13 on April 30, 2023, 02:52:41 AMPinch the pump an reg out of the young fellas bike lol

I was thinking about that tonight 😊

Hilly13

Making any progress on this cobber?

98fxstc

Quote from: Hilly13 on May 04, 2023, 02:19:45 AMMaking any progress on this cobber?

I was thinking about trying the fuel pump out of my son's bike and talked to him about it, and he was ok with it but I decided to just buy another one. I am waiting for it to turn up.

I also got another laptop and will start from scratch with the tuning.
But I will try to recover the files from my old one for a comparison.
I have a lot of other stuff on there I would like to retrieve but I have to wait a while for the guy that can do it for me.

So, a bit of waiting and no progress.

Hilly13

That sucks but things are what they are, hopefully you get the data you want off the old laptop, keen to hear of a success story 😁