May 10, 2024, 07:04:53 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S Cycle 136" Crate Motor

Started by Ohio HD, May 01, 2024, 10:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddfive (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ohio HD

S&S has an M8 crate motor, a 136" complete ready to roll in all blacked out. Just guessing by the dyno sheet they're probably a little conservative with the compression. That has been their typical MO with crate motors in the past. But it still looks good. I also see they have the oil feed, return and vent in the case.

But I've seen our resident tuning guru rigidthumper do a little better than that with his 131" lower compression big bore M8.    :SM: 

https://www.sscycle.com/mk136

rigidthumper

That's the 49 state version with cat exhaust (i try to avoid those limitations :) )
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

Deye76

Wish they had one for the M8 Softail.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

rigidthumper

You can buy the components and use them in your cases... :smilep:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Deye76

May 02, 2024, 04:13:50 PM #5 Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 04:23:51 PM by Deye76
Quote from: rigidthumper on May 02, 2024, 08:03:07 AMYou can buy the components and use them in your cases... :smilep:

Defeats the purpose of a crate motor.  :gob: I could buy Scramin Eagle stuff too, LOL
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

hrdtail78

My biggest problems with crate motors.  In the end.  You have a crate motor.  Now offering unassimilable and a couple things off the list like pistons and cams.  Now we are building performance.
Semper Fi

ziggy24

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.