May 06, 2024, 09:02:51 AM

News:

Pro-Action Fork Kit

Started by Ohio HD, April 25, 2023, 04:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

And we'll see if that equates to rider satisfaction when I get things installed.

Ohio HD

Well, the plot thickens. The 41mm kit arrived, and the dampners are made completely different than shown in the 49mm suspension video. They have a reduced size pair of bleed off holes at the base of the dampner now, much like OEM. Then there are five flat channels that are 0.010" deep, and 1.937" long in the mid area of the dampner replacing the bleed holes that were there.

When I spoke to them just now they said that this method of bleed off in the mid stroke was superior to the holes they previously had there. He also said they reduced the inside diameter of the dampner rod to change how the fluid moved up through there from the bottom two holes. I guess constant R&D is a good sign. It had to cost them to make the change, so I have to assume they did it for improvement. They have to machine the five channels, that takes longer than to drill a hole through the dampner. The rod is meaty, and machined very well.

He did say they had a new video, but hadn't released it yet.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Hilly13

Well that is interesting, could well be a better mousetrap so to speak, even keener to see what you think now  :teeth:
Just because its said don't make it so

Ohio HD

Yeah, he seemed pretty excited talking about it, George is who I spoke with. Also I forgot to mention the size of the bottom holes, they measure 0.245". I took a few more photos of the rod.

I ordered new bushings for the front end and new bottoming springs. Waiting on those now.

Hilly13

Them bits you waiting on......snail mail?

Hilly13

Ohio, I emailed GQ (George) back an forth on these fork kits and whether they would fit my softail, looks like it's a goer for fitment, looking on the parts fiche for 09 baggers and 16 FL softails the bits that matter are the same, the spring rate at 1.2 is fine for my needs as well so no need to mess with that, if your review is favourable it will most likely be the way I go when the time comes.

Ohio HD

It'll be some time before I install everything. I always collect what I'll need and then get to it when I can work it in.

Hilly13

Ohio, I ordered a seal installer for my 41mm's, will go an order 2 fork overhaul kits from the dealer in the morning, gotta pay if they have to order in, no trust these days, at this rate ol son I'll have em in before you lol