April 18, 2024, 03:10:38 AM

News:

Hello from GA

Started by bbmach, May 30, 2023, 07:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmach

Atlantonian greetings!

I've had my '04 V-Rod since new, and just joined the traditional ranks. My family has been ahead of me in that regard with Road Kings, a CVO Ultra, Dynas, Softail Standards... and I've had the pleasure of working on most of them (maintenance, pipes, tuning, etc).

As if I needed another project with wheels, I recently purchased a "barn find" type 2000 Road King Classic that was my next-door neighbor's back in NJ. It sat untouched for at least 10 years, and he recently passed away. It has just over 11,000 miles. The plan is to make it a comfortable and reliable two-up ride for the wife and I.

I've been reading and watching everything I can find so I have a decent idea of what to look for (and may be in for) when I finally get it home, and and that's how I found you all!

I tend to be quiet but will be here reading when I get the chance.

Dave
2000 Road King Classic (Project)
2004 VRSCB V-Rod

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Montana.
You can definitely find a ton of info in the tech sections. And if you can't, just ask, some folks will help you out.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Fugawee

Hello, and Welcome from Connecticut.

Leed

Welcome from Texas!

bbmach

Thank you gentlemen - it looks like most any question I'll have has probably been addressed. A heck of a resource.
And funny, the bike is currently resting in Connecticut - and I spent great year in Houston, mostly parking in Humble for the airport!
Small world.
2004 VRSCB V-Rod

Fugawee

Bike resting in Connecticut?
Should You need the Services of Someone to take it out and beat on it...I offer Mine.

bbmach

Quote from: Fugawee on June 01, 2023, 07:44:50 PMBike resting in Connecticut?
Should You need the Services of Someone to take it out and beat on it...I offer Mine.
Very generous offer - but once I get the 10 year old fuel and fluids out... it'll be here in GA :smiled:
2004 VRSCB V-Rod