May 02, 2024, 02:12:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Passenger wind buffeting Road Glide

Started by hbkeith, May 17, 2023, 03:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

No shield most of the time on my RoadKing, my favorite way to ride.
Having said that, the calm cockpit of the Ultra is kind of nice too. I had cut the stock shield down 2 inches due to being scratched up quite a bit, the buffeting on the top of my head was a bit much, bought a new stock shield and all good again.
I tried one of the HD recurve shields, didn't like it, buffeting and weird distortion when looking thru it.
There is no perfect shield, just like there is no perfect bike.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

lonewolf

Hossamania

Quote from: lonewolf on June 05, 2023, 07:30:43 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on June 05, 2023, 07:15:56 AMjust like there is no perfect bike.
Try a roadglide  :bike:

There may be no perfect bike, but some are more imperfect than others...
 :bike:
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

tomcat64

For years when I've been asked "what is the main difference between a batwing and a shark nose" I've always said., "the amount of wind the passenger get hit with. The batwing just does a better job of managing the air for the rear seat rider. that is why most, not all, but most FLT riders are solo riders, and also ride about double the miles of the average rider.

fbn ent

That and you can't ride fast enough to stay dry in the rain like a batwing. Still love my shark! :bike:
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

BJB

With a Madstad, Glide Triple Tree deflectors, and her wide bodied hubby riding in front of her Mrs.B has not registered any wind buffeting complaints on her '13 FLTRU.
MY only complaint is that loaded up to tour it is north of a half a ton, before we get on it.

thumpr54

"......that is why most, not all, but most FLT riders are solo riders, and also ride about double the miles of the average rider."
 :up:  :SM:  :smiled:
growing old is mandatory-growing up is optional
355 AMS(TAC)DMAFB 73-76 VFW6774

hbkeith

Quote from: tomcat64 on June 07, 2023, 05:55:52 AMFor years when I've been asked "what is the main difference between a batwing and a shark nose" I've always said., "the amount of wind the passenger get hit with. The batwing just does a better job of managing the air for the rear seat rider. that is why most, not all, but most FLT riders are solo riders, and also ride about double the miles of the average rider.
Yes , I can see all that , seems this Shark is pretty good for solo and most of the people i ride with that rave about them are solo most times or do not do long trips,, but it is no comparison to the stock windshield or the ride on my 97 RK , Ive been trying differant windshields and seats and playing with the vents , Im not one to follow , and i dont see the hype in these Roadglides , it does seem stable at high speeds though , and they say the Roadglides dont feel as heavy in the frontend as the Batwing , seems pretty heavy to me