May 07, 2024, 10:17:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

9017 Feuling Oil Pump Alignment Tool

Started by Ohio HD, January 12, 2024, 10:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

I think this is one of those tools that isn't really needed, but I like the idea of it. I bought this a few months ago and used it on a stock cam plate and pump just to have used it and see if there were any downside.

How many oil pumps have been assembled without one of these? Probably 99.999999999% of them. I've also put cam plates and pumps back on that were not disturbed. And the way most do the install is to put the pump on first then the cam plate. That works just fine.

What I like about the tool is I can feel if there is any light dragging (or heavy dragging) with the pump bolted to the cam plate. And the OEM pump and plate slipped right over the crank, was easy.

Feuling talks that pushing the pump on, then the cam plate and then when tightening the oil pump to the plate can cause the o-ring to pull out with the pump. I think it's unlikely, but possible. I've never had it happen.

Anyway, it's a well made tool, high quality machining, the handle is a rubber sticky material that allows you to hang on to it when your hands are oily.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Ohio HD