Over Sized Lifters ?

Started by dforeid, August 17, 2024, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lcloud, wfolarry and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dforeid

Larry,

Do you sell oversized lifters? Do you have, or know of a set of go/no-go gauges that can be used to check my lifter bores with the cam still installed?

Thanks,

Don
2019 RG - Vivid Black CFR Slipons, Arlen Ness Stretch Bags, Ohlin HD159s

turboprop

Quote from: dforeid on August 17, 2024, 10:24:52 AMLarry,

Do you sell oversized lifters? Do you have, or know of a set of go/no-go gauges that can be used to check my lifter bores with the cam still installed?

Thanks,

Don

Have you looked at his website? I bet some of this could be answered  by doing so.

Fueling resells some go/no-go balls aimed at checking lifter bores. Similar balls can also be sourced from industrial supply sources.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

dforeid

I have looked at his website, but didn't see any oversized lifters. I have seen those Fueling balls as well, but I was wanting to take my measurements with the cam still in. Was apprehensive to use the balls and end up with one wedged in the bore.
2019 RG - Vivid Black CFR Slipons, Arlen Ness Stretch Bags, Ohlin HD159s

wfolarry

I did sell oversize but they're hard to come by. What was once a stocking item has become a special order item. Every time I try to get them they up the minimum.

I don't like checking balls. I use gauge pins. You can get them from Mcmaster Carr.
Checking balls won't tell you if the bore is straight. Gauge pins will.

wfolarry

I've just been informed that the .002 over lifters will be available next week.
When I get them I'll make them available at my online store.

topcat3815

I agree with Larry on the gauge pins. I bought mine from Mcmaster Carr