April 30, 2024, 10:51:19 AM

News:

Evolution Industries comp springs

Started by 319fatboy, April 12, 2024, 05:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

319fatboy

Has anyone used the evolution industries compensator spring kit?  I have the SE comp and I was wondering if this kit would be quieter yet.

Ohio HD

I think the best thing that you can do for your compensator is shim the unit as described by Joe Lyons. That being said, fresh springs are always helpful, but I don't know anything about the Evo Ind springs. They don't make any mention of the reason they're supposed to be better.

I've also never installed a new SE compensator that didn't need shimmed.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,82010.msg917659.html#msg917659

kd

April 13, 2024, 10:32:14 AM #2 Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:53:05 PM by kd
 :agree:   IMO once the new rotor and spoke assembly go through the initial wear and bedding period the stack height will likely change.  I set mine to spec and after a few months of abuse it started to click again with the engine start-up idle lope and shut down.  Added a $5 shim and Bob's yur Uncle.  I really work mine over every day and it's holding up just fine.  I also have no experience with the Evo Industries version to compare the OEM 2014+ SE comp.
KD

CarlosGGodfrog

There r companies that sell Bellville springs. Iirc Bokers. Does anyone have the specs on early twin cam springs ? Size, bevel, and stiffness ?