May 03, 2024, 10:11:41 AM

News:

6sp transmission R&R

Started by FXDBI, April 21, 2024, 10:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXDBI

For interest sake anyone know what the flat rate hours is to change out the gear cassette on a 2008 Electra glide?  Thanks Bob

JSD

Ohio HD

Quote from: FXDBI on April 21, 2024, 10:01:37 PMFor interest sake anyone know what the flat rate hours is to change out the gear cassette on a 2008 Electra glide?  Thanks Bob

The closest info that I have is labor code 4366. Replace main drive gear and/or bearing 3.4 hours.

To change the main drive bearing of course the cassette comes out. And most transmission swaps would include the main drive gear and a new bearing. If not, probably knock about 1.0 or 0.7 hours off.

Buglet

I have a warranted claim from a dealer for changing one and the charges out were 16 hours. That was on a Street Glide.

Leed

rigidthumper

The shop I used to work for followed then current ESP guidelines- if the bike was still under factory warranty (0-2 years old), use the flat rate manual; if out of factory warranty (2-5 years old), but still covered by ESP, flat rate X 1.25. If greater than 5 years old, flat rate X 1.5. This helps account for rusted/frozen hardware, + the older a bike is, the more likely it's been hacked up at some point. 
The closest job I would believe applies is 4321, Replace side door gasket, 2.8 hours, x 1.5 ESP multiplier, for a total of 4.2 hours.
16 is just criminal...
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Buglet

I agree, but apparently Harley doesn't think so that is what the Dealer got credit for. Back in 16, bike was new with 100 miles on it.   

jmorton10

16 hours !!!!!

Where the heck was that book when I was working on flat-rate ???

I think I could change a 6 speed cassette blindfolded in 6 hours LOL 🤣🤣

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

SP33DY

Quote from: rigidthumper on April 23, 2024, 03:43:40 AMThe shop I used to work for followed then current ESP guidelines- if the bike was still under factory warranty (0-2 years old), use the flat rate manual; if out of factory warranty (2-5 years old), but still covered by ESP, flat rate X 1.25. If greater than 5 years old, flat rate X 1.5. This helps account for rusted/frozen hardware, + the older a bike is, the more likely it's been hacked up at some point. 
The closest job I would believe applies is 4321, Replace side door gasket, 2.8 hours, x 1.5 ESP multiplier, for a total of 4.2 hours.
16 is just criminal...

2.8 hours, 1.5 multiplier, 4.2 hours is the same rate that comes up in my SMP (Service Manager Pro) labor guide.

hrdtail78

I quote 4.  Book will also allow set up and administration time.
Semper Fi