May 08, 2024, 03:52:51 AM

News:

Tall Boys Cycles Footboard Relocation Kit

Started by Ohio HD, July 13, 2023, 01:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Has anyone used these driver floorboard relocation brackets from Tall Boys Cycles? I'd be interested in what you thought about them. Did they relive your cramped in feeling, and did they still allow normal cornering after they were installed?

And of course, did they fit correctly and clear exhaust, etc.

https://www.tallboyscycles.com/

Stock board locations on a touring bike.

Touring bike after installing Tall Boys Kit.

boooby1744

Those boards are low,looks real comfortable.  It's gotta take a few degrees out of cornering. You'll definitely need an extended shifter and a brake pedal that's extended and lowered. I used Bakerinc 1 1/2 extended boards,levers and a 3/4" outward kit. Not as as much room as I liked but I can still lean it over.

Ohio HD

I have a brake pedal that's laid down more than stock, I'll have to see how that would work with the relocated footboard. I can always cut that and weld in material to lengthen it, then powder coat black. 

The shifter side I plan to lengthen the foot lever so it sits over my foot at the same place as it does now. Then shorten the shifter arm to keep the foot shifter travel the same as it is now, or maybe a little tighter. Also powder coat them black.

I keep thinking that even though the footboards will be lower, but much further forward, and angled upward, they may not scuff the road in fast turns. But there's only one way to find out.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Ohio HD

I spoke to the owner of Tall Boys Cycles today to ask some questions about their kits. While talking I found out he's 6'8" tall, and his Dad is 6'8" tall. His Dad designed these and they both used them on their bikes. Then others that were tall started wanting them too. So that's how they got started. Pretty much a tried and true motorcycle aftermarket story. He spoke like a regular Joe, and that I like.

Oh, and he lives in Ohio, so I know he's a straight shooter.   :smiled:

The kit I want is on back order until 09/08/2023. So when I get them I'll put them on my 2009 Ultra and give my impression of them.

Ohio HD

Well almost a year later and I put a set of the Tall Boys Cycles Footboard Relocation Kits on my 2008 bagger. I have a set as well for my 2009.

I need to adjust the shifter and then see if I need a longer shifter, but I don't think so. You can see how the board location changed from the photo above. Further forward, heel dropped down, and out a touch. I also just put new 13" shocks in place of the 12" shocks so I have additional lean angle.

I have a few more maintenance items to get done before I test ride them. I can't believe I actually have some time to work on one of mine. 

You cannot see attachments on this board.