September 20, 2024, 08:24:32 PM

News:

SE Tuner on Stock M8

Started by rdfares, May 30, 2024, 07:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdfares

This may have been asked in the past, just finding a concise response on it.
I have a brand new stock 2024 TriGlide 114. I am looking to replace the entire exhaust system through Harley to remove the CAT and reduce the heat on that side for my wife. The are wanting to replace the header with a cat-less header, new slip-ons, air breather and a SE tuner. They stated this would greatly reduce the heat issues from the cat and keep the warranty in tack since they are doing the work. Since I know the parts, they are going to use, would I be ok to purchase the SE Tuner and put it on the bike ahead of time to help spread the overall cost in a few steps. 

Question is, will the new SE Tuner provide any improvement to the stock setup alone, or is it better to just do it all at once. I have used other tuners in the past on bikes that were not under warranty but since this is new, I have no choice to go with the SE Tuner.

Will it help anything at this time. thanks

HV

I have done a few new 2024s including a Tri Glide...The issues with them is the fact that the pipes are contianed under the Body and retain a lot of heat...If your looking for a small performance inprovement the SE tuner will add a bit but nothing earth shattering...most shops just drop the SE tune for the stage 1 in them and boot them out the door....a shop with a dyno and a tuner that can load the tune in as many places as possable and then blend the VEs may get you a bit more ...Heat wise its hard to say how much of a change you may see ....removing the Cat will be the biggest change for sure  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

hrdtail78

Without being able to address power enrichment, target lambda or timing. What can really be done with the tuner?  You can zero trim tables and apply them to VE, but this doesn't change injector spray time.     
Semper Fi