September 20, 2024, 08:24:27 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Detachable King Tour Pak (Lighting- Speakers)

Started by WhipLash96, June 08, 2024, 04:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

For those that have a detachable king tour pak, what is your experience with the wires for speakers and lighting when you aren't using the tour pak? Are they easy to tuck away and not be seen? I am buying a new bike and this time around, I am going to get the tour pak.

Any feedback is very appreciated!
Thanks,<br />Whip

Fugawee

I can only speak for an 03' Ultra Detachable Tour-Pak.
The Lighting and Speaker Wires disconnect under the Seat leaving Tails going into the Tour-Pak
The Radio, and CB Antenna Wires disconnect under the Tour-Pak Liner and have to be pulled thru the Grommets, coiled up and put under the Seat.
I very seldom remove the Tour-Pak to begin with.
Sorry...I don't know about the New Models.

Hossamania

My brother has a 2017, they unplug under the seat, no dangling wires when the pak is off
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

pauly

On My 23 ultra Limited, I replaced the tour pack with a detachable rack because the tour pack assembly weighs 32kg! Made the bike much better for me an my honey. Beware because the wires unplug around the back of the seat and can easily damage the paint on the mudguard. Once unplugged (wires for the lights, speakers, and antennas) they can be coiled up and shoved under the seat no problems.
It's not the most elegant of solutions. I sort of wish Harley made the attaching wires longer, so all the connectors were under the seat, so no wire coiling required. First world problems!

Thanks
Pauly

Thanks
Pauly.

Quote from: WhipLash96 on June 08, 2024, 04:18:49 PMFor those that have a detachable king tour pak, what is your experience with the wires for speakers and lighting when you aren't using the tour pak? Are they easy to tuck away and not be seen? I am buying a new bike and this time around, I am going to get the tour pak.

Any feedback is very appreciated!

tomboyjr

On my 2012 RGU, (and my old 2010 Ultra) some of the wires attach at the Pak, and some under the seat. It was a PITA, especially to switch them myself.

I ended up making my own connections under the seat. All except for that antenna cable to the radio which I dont use anyway. (On my 2010 I had the hidden antenna in the fairing.)

I have a lot of wires and now its simple to take the Pak on and off. My Pak has every light that Harley makes on it-lol. (Bought it used). Even that rack on top of the Pak has a light. AND there is an accessory charger in there also. But all those wires fit into just 2 connectors. Easy peasy.

All it took was an afternoon and a connector kit with crimpers.