September 21, 2024, 12:39:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SE 135 Owners

Started by WhipLash96, July 14, 2024, 09:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott7d

My 2020 CVO Road Glide 117" has 180,000 miles and has been a stage II since nearly the beginning. Having owned builds from stage I all the way up through full blueprinted motors, stage II has been my favorite when it comes to power yield vs money spent and dependability. I learned the hard way that between high mileage dependability and the quest for power, you have to make a sacrifice somewhere. I haven't had any major issues even with what most would consider a negligent maintenance schedule. Just wanted to offer another perspective since you mentioned dependability and long distance riding.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

WhipLash96

Quote from: scott7d on July 24, 2024, 12:29:22 AMMy 2020 CVO Road Glide 117" has 180,000 miles and has been a stage II since nearly the beginning. Having owned builds from stage I all the way up through full blueprinted motors, stage II has been my favorite when it comes to power yield vs money spent and dependability. I learned the hard way that between high mileage dependability and the quest for power, you have to make a sacrifice somewhere. I haven't had any major issues even with what most would consider a negligent maintenance schedule. Just wanted to offer another perspective since you mentioned dependability and long distance riding.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

You raise a lot of good points. I am considering going to Stage 2 only as well.  However, if that's the route I go, I may add the SE head pipe and the better tuner with the stage 2.
Thanks,<br />Whip