May 09, 2024, 02:22:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS Mastertune tune results

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, November 02, 2008, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

November 02, 2008, 04:25:37 PM Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:15:40 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Started off uploading a Base Map and doing the following before loading to the ECM- Set Fuel table to 14.6 by clicking on the upper left hand corner of the “spreadsheet.”  That selects all cells.  Then click on the radio button “20 units.”  Then click on the “increment” button until all cells show 14.6.  (Cells in the 100% column will not go to 14.6.) As Prescribed by Scotty.

Rode for 30+ Minutes See VE Chart below

Loaded the new data and rode another 30 min, see Ve Chart below with Generated tune:

Bike seems to run good-not sure I got it right, May reflash with HD based and do it again just to make sure.

11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Herko

"Bike seems to run good-not sure I got it right, May reflash with HD based and do it again just to make sure."

Mike, won't hurt to do it over but be sure to save your last "Generated Map"...meaning it looks like you're right on track to a real good tune.

Curious, did you choose to bias the CLB table prior to the beginning to the tune process?
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Scotty

Looks good mate I have about 10 runs on mine and nothing changes anymore so I started doing some timing runs and bike just keeps running better and better.

Scotty

Tre_11 FLHX

Herko- Not sure What you mean by Bias the clb table, I followed a procedure that Scotty sent me. Would be interested in knowing how you tune your bikes also.  Interested in doing a Dyno run- just curious how this will works and it would be nice to have a base dyno-to compare as I add HP/TQ.

Scotty- One thing I was not clear on was the blended Ve tables as my second run generated tune was filled in completely- I had no empty boxes to blend.

Mike

11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Scotty

That blending in says to take the last good number in the charts you have posted in the rows across and change all others after it to the same.
Then do the same downwards and you will see a pattern forming.

Herko

CLB = Closed Loop Bias Table.
450 mV equates to 14.7 (stoich for gasoline).
Increasing (biasing) this value will maintain a richer value.
Something in the high 700's seems to work good. This will yield approx 14.2/14.3 in Closed Loop.
You want to set this biased value before you begin the V-Tune process.

More info in the help files: Contents/Using Master Tune/Closed Loop Operation

Tre_11 FLHX

November 04, 2008, 02:21:03 PM #6 Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:39:02 PM by mzodarg
Herko- 684 is what I  set the CLB at- think I will try again and raise the original base to 801- do two run and go from there, Your thoughts?

Tre_11 FLHX

November 04, 2008, 04:58:00 PM #7 Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:40:05 PM by mzodarg
Herko- Below is a new base I plan on uploading in the morning- would like your comments- started with a Base TD205-001 09 UC A/C and Jackpot slipons.

I am no tuning expert jsut trying to learn.

I would also like to adjust my speedo- its 3+MPH different than my GPS, and if someone could enlighten me on were to change the throttle response- the lag is going to kill me.

Your thoughts?

Herko

Mike,
It looks like you're all set.
Yes, 781 in the CLB's will be a good number to use.
And as Frank mentioned in the WVULTRA's thread  (I forgot...thanks Frank) you'll need to apply the offset (.2 in your case) to the AFR tables when making your final map(s).
Warm Up Enrichment to zero...it may run a little crappy until warm but should be OK. V-Tune won't start collecting data until 165/168 deg anyway.

BTW, do you have some sort of sniffer device for the WOT areas? Or will it be a SOTP/sound/feel check?
Curious too...how many miles so far on your new 09?

Tre_11 FLHX

Herko wrote "you'll need to apply the offset (.2 in your case) to the AFR tables when making your final map(s)."

John- can you ellaborate on the above statements-not sure what to do.

No I do not have a sniffer for WOT-nor am I sure what you mean by "SOTP/sound/feel check"

Currenlty have 2290 miles-had her about 40 days. Still need to figure out how to alliviate the throttle lag at slow speeds-any idea what setting to use?

Appreciate all your help!!!

TIA
Mike

Herko

Factoring in the offset, Frank said it well in WVULTRA's TTS thread...reply # 3

One thing to keep in mind when you set your AFRs in your final map after doing the VTune, the AFRs are now offset. For example, you set your CLB to get you 14.2 AFR, and you tune in 80 MAP with VTune set at 14.6. Then if you want 80 MAP to be at 13.0 in your final map you should set the AFR table to 13.4.

SOTP = Seat of the Pants.

Sorry, I have no first hand experience with the Throttle Table. Have not encountered the need to do so as of yet.
Vosselman mentioned that he has worked with this table, and maybe others can give first hand account. I don't want to be presumptous here. I will make that part of my next FBW tune though, and take the settings up and down the paces.

Tre_11 FLHX

John- I read that thread where Frank explained the AFR offset, Where would I apply this?  I am a Little slow and like pictures ??? ???

waskier01

The more I read on the TTS, the more I learn, the more I find how little I know....

Golfman

Going to buy my TTS MasterTune this morning but I will be a complete novice with it, only have worked with a PCIII in the past. Will I be able to  set the VE at about 14.4 in most areas, but set the cruise areas (for long trips) closer to the 15 to 1 area?
Golfman (Dave)
It looks like fun - I am excited to get into this further.

burgies08ultra

should these clb numbers be applied to the 477 sert tables as well for an 08 ultra??/
thanks burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

Golfman

MZODARG: CHECK OUT "2009 Throttle Control" POST (PAGE 3 IN THIS SITE) FOR GREAT INFO ON FIXING THROTTLE LAG.
GOLFMAN (DAVE)

Tre_11 FLHX

Dave- thanks, I got the throttle lag fixed, look at the throttle thread, I posted a pic of the settings I used and it works great. :wink:

Thanks for looking out.
Mike

Golfman

Mike:
I bought the Mastertune on Sat. Taking the Bike in on the 18th for the 1,000 mileer. Dealer tech is going to work with me and MY mastertune to fix the lag and set the A/F for my pipes and SE Air cleaner. Then do a couple of pulls. That will give me a headstrat in understanding and working with the  Mastertune.
Golfman (Dave)

Tre_11 FLHX

November 09, 2008, 05:23:05 PM #18 Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:56:40 AM by mzodarg
Dave- thats great.  Lag is easy to fix let him know what I posted in the Throttle thread.  The overall tuning is quite easy once you understand how all the tables compliment each other. 
Couple of tuners who helped me:
Herko (John), spent 30 min on the phone with him today getting educated on AFR offset-Great guy and he knows his "Potty mouth". Scotty also provided great advice and with both of their assistance, I am beginning to understand.

Mike

waskier01

Great thread.  I have a couple of runs on my '06 running v-tune, works great.

Sonny S.

Waskier01,

I read in another thread that you are using the TTS on a grooved head bike.
Without a dyno how would you go about using the VTune, being as non conventional AFR's could be required ?
Have you set specific #'s to shoot for ?

Sonny

waskier01

I'm still trying to get the USB connector to give me reliable information.  I'll have to get the VE's figured out, then I can start on AFR's and timing.  My nephew lost a timing belt on an interference fit car motor.......