S&S Cycle Dual Port Piston Cooling Jets

Started by Ohio HD, October 17, 2024, 12:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

S&S Cycle hasn't forgotten about us hot rod Twin Cam owners. These are new piston cooling jets that have dual oil ports to better distribute oil to the underside of the pistons. I think these are a real advantage with big bore 4.125" motors, but will be an improvement for any motor.

These look like they may be clocked for front and rear (see last photo), but there was no information that S&S sent with these. So I've sent a message to my contact there for some info for these. I'll update when I know more.

I'm putting these in my still on the table new 124" build that will replace the existing 124" I'm running. I haven't assembled the top end as I want to use Total Seals Quick Seat Dry Powder. But Total Seal doesn't recommend putting it on the cylinders until ready to start the motor.

https://www.sscycle.com/products/piston-cooling-jet-kit-for-twin-cam-models/

You cannot view this attachment.

Ohio HD

OK, I heard back from S&S, they are clocked, and they are actually marked. This color is hard to see details unless you find the right back ground color. Black seemed to bring them out where they can be seen. S&S also sent their image.