News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Main Menu

114 M8 with S&S 475 cam with stock exhaust

Started by pauly, Yesterday at 08:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PkgMan, trannyman, 04rkryder, cig, tate10, Hilly13, NHBagger, pendo31, IvyMan69 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

pauly

Here's the deal,
Some of you will feel I have rocks in my head but that's cool - maybe I do.

I want my 114 ultra to sound a bit more like a Harley, but I actually like the lack of noise from the stock exhaust and air filter. This is the first quiet bike I've had and im enjoying it.
If I put an S&S 475 cam in, and give it a good tune, will there be any major issues you can think of? (Besides not extracting all the power I could from the engine)

Thanks
Pauly

Hilly13

Have heard a cammed SE110 with stock Breakout mufflers, you could definitely tell it wasn't stock but that's a completely different exhaust system to what you have, I don't think you mad Pauly 😁
Just because its said don't make it so

pauly

Haha thanks Hilly. Sometimes I wonder myself!

I have time to ponder as I've still got 12 months of warranty to go.

Pauly

Quote from: Hilly13 on Yesterday at 11:50:42 PMHave heard a cammed SE110 with stock Breakout mufflers, you could definitely tell it wasn't stock but that's a completely different exhaust system to what you have, I don't think you mad Pauly 😁

Hossamania

Fuel Moto tests mentioned that the 475 is a bit soft on the low end, but very good mid and upper rpm performance. Your stock mufflers may help that a bit.
You should have no issues using that cam with a good tune.
I too can appreciate a quiet bike. I ran the stock exhaust for a couple years on the TC Ultra, it was a nice change. The slip-on mufflers I eventually installed are not obnoxiously loud either, I like it.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.