May 08, 2024, 09:32:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Spark plugs for STD panheads

Started by CO-retired, June 19, 2009, 07:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CO-retired

Just curious to know who's runnin what kind of Spark plugs in their Pan....mine has STD heads and I'm tryin to get 'er dialed in Proper!! :teeth:

MBSKEAM

June 20, 2009, 07:09:39 AM #1 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:21:12 AM by MBSKEAM
I run autolite 4265,  and ngk bp7es

use the EVO chart
and stay away from champion they suck , bad right out of the box.....

http://www.sparkplugs.com/sparkplug411.asp?kw=Pulstar+Plugs+in+the+Media&mfid=0

found this site the other day, lots of info and plug charts

mbskeam
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/mbskeam/
You Can Have It All,MyEmpireOfDirt

Deye76

Are the Evo plugs long reach? Do STD heads take long reach plugs?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

CO-retired

Yes....and yes.I ran 4265's a few years back and they seem to perform pretty well....I was curious to know what other guys were running aside from the Autolites.

stroker800

I run NGK plugs in my motors,,,can't seem to get them to foul out...I know they belong in Hondas...Good plug at a good price.
Dave

Pzokes

There's miles to go before I sleep.

ricochet

Is displacement and ignition type a factor in choosing the plug for STD heads?  Looks like one plug fits all pretty much from the chart.

ricochet

greybeard_541

I have STD heads too- Autolite 2393. Never had a problem and they're cheap...

Greybeard

stroker800

I know years back when CDI were introduced into the jap bikes you had to run a plug designed for electronic ignitions..I run all bikes with electronic ign and all single fire with NGK plugs...I doutb it makes a difference these days,,,,,the early plugs I remember had no tang on them,,so there was no gap to set...Does anyone run cooler plugs in their dual plugged heads???  Just wondering..
Dave

CraigArizona85248

I don't run cooler plugs in my dual plugged panhead.  I run Autolite 847 in the lefts side and Autolite 4265 in the right.

-Craig

CO-retired

CraigArizona85248

June 22, 2009, 08:34:48 PM #11 Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:36:57 PM by CraigArizona85248
Why?  Because I don't need a cooler plug.

Or did you mean "Why do I run different plugs in each side of the heads?"  The OEM (left side) hole needs a short reach plug.  The right side plug goes through a much thicker part of the head and needs a long reach plug like the later shovel and EVO heads have.

-Craig