TTS - Spark Advance and its Impact on VEs

Started by VDeuce, July 06, 2009, 08:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDeuce

I have had an idea running around through my brain and wanted to pass this by the folks here...

The following are assumed:

- VEs have already been corrected by a few VTune sessions to the point where there is little difference between VTune runs.

- After all VEs have been corrected, adjustments have been made to the spark tables (assume that timing increases were made for the sake of discussion - say 3 degrees for testing).

- Any fast retard has been corrected by doing data collection runs and making any adjustments (perhaps optional, but seems reasonable to do so).

Now the manual tells us to re-run VTune as the VEs may have changed since the spark advance has been adjusted.

So here's the question: If you compared the VEs before making timing adjustments with the VEs after timing adjustments and subsequent VTune sessions were made (you could use a spreadsheet), if you lost efficiency in some cells, couldn't you draw the conclusion that the change in spark caused a decrease in efficiency, and therefore less timing would be needed? And also, if the change resulted in increased efficiency, couldn't you draw the conclusion that the increase in timing helped?

Basically, can we use this information to determine if the change in spark was well received or not? This differs from instructions that state to increase until fast retard kicks in and then back off. By noting differences in VEs after more VTune runs, I would think this could be an aid.

The only thing is that VEs are TP based and spark is MAP based...

Thoughts? Am I nuts?

Rider57

Thats what I found but on my runs there was little difference and really gained nothing from another vtune run for blending.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.