May 03, 2024, 03:17:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Plug wires

Started by Phu Cat, July 25, 2009, 02:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

The parts guy at the HD shop said "No" when I asked if they shouldn't be different lengths.  He's been there at least 5 years so I figure by now he knows what he's talking about.  When I get home 'rear cylinder' is printed on both bags.

I know it's partly my fault for not checking while at the shop, but wouldn't a ROOKIE parts guy know the wires should be different lengths?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

CndUltra88

Phu Cat, I already think you ahve your answer to your question.
But, I will agree with you , you should have opened the pakage before you
paid for the item. ;)
Sorry, couldnt resist the smartass comment this afternoon.
So, what was the parts guys responce when you returned the dam things?
Ride Safe,
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Ed Y

What model bike?? If it's a touring bike, yes, both front and rear are the same length. (TC models). Evo's and before were different lengths, if I remember correctly.

stroker800

In theory plugs wires should be the same length on all motors...A longer wire has more resistance in it that a shorter one,,,so if you're buying top of line MSD ignitions and super platinum plugs and sqeezing every last bit of power outta your motor yes its wise to get same length,,,,A stock old out dated design HD motor probaly not a difference..
Dave

dablaze

QuoteA stock old out dated design HD motor

Dayum! Come over to the Shovel board an say that!

:)  Craig
Second Shift Cycle

70weight

Yes, you tell em Craig. :up:
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

rad3766

I remember seeing a post on one of the Harley forums that stated plug wires should be of equal resistance, not necessarily the same length.    :potstir:
Anybody else ever heard of that?
98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR