I think I did my good deed for the day for a fellow biker

Started by blacknchromehd, July 29, 2009, 06:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat9

Pulled into Stanley ID yesterday and saw a guy on a older HD with his tools scattered around his bike. I made a u-turn and went back to see how he was doing. He had just finished putting his points back on after his new electric ignition parts had failed him. He was an interesting guy to talk to and his bike was unlike any I had seen. 74 police bike with a 82 shovel engine. suicide shift. He said it had roller side cover or something simalar sounding. Wish I had taken some pictures. Wasn't much I could do for him but did give him a name and phone # of a indy repair shop at lolo junction.  Visited for about 20 mins, got gas and a big wave on the way out of town.

Tsani

Quote from: ohio-rider on July 31, 2009, 08:08:25 AM
Great story with a happy ending.

I would like to add a bit of advise though for all the lady’s who are reading this and thinking it would be great to help a stranded biker. Please don’t stop to help anyone if you are alone. My buddy’s wife found herself in a bad situation last year when she was trying to be a good biker and stopped to help a guy along the side of the road.

Lady’s please just ride past anyone on the side of the road and call them some help from a  safe distance. Even if that person is me. I’ll understand why you didn’t stop. -Steve

Sucks that we are not immune to this type of crap, but that is sound advise. Even men need to be on guard, both the helper and helpee. Damn shame tho.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

HyperDetroit

I saw a broken down bike on I-80 about a year or so ago, I was in my pickup.  We threw it into the pickup, tied it down, and I delivered it to the dealership for him.  Definitely made this guy's day.  As far as women not stopping, that's a very sound advise, sad to say.

Hyper
Всё в руках божьих

Panzer

I don't care if it's sounds like an echo soooo............well done Black, well done.
                         Good point Ohio. :up: :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

blacknchromehd

Ohio,

Good point as my wife rides her own and I have told her time and time again do not stop but if you see someone broke down pull over up the road and call me...I feel that she could defend herself but I would rather not have anything happen to her...first wife did not ride but this is my 2nd and she rides as good as most of my buds...

Hey guys thanks for the compliment...I wanted others to think about doing the same someday for another...

Bill
If you own one you should ride it...not polish it..not look at it...ride the dam

02roadcling

Today jamesd12 was pulled over on the side of the road on his Harley and I was parked on the other side with my truck and we were standing next to his bike visiting about 100' from the I-5 intersection on the cross street. A guy on a dual sport honda pulled over from my lane and pulled up in front of his bike to ask if we needed any help. We thanked him like crazy for being a good guy, you would of thought he just saved us.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

crossbonz

good story bill,
keeps everyone in the mindset. hope it's contagious. thanks again!

blacknchromehd

Well guys this is my last post on this subject but today I got an e-mail to my work from the couple that I had helped. I gave them my business card with cell and e-mail if I could have been of any more help.

This is what they wrote...
Hello Bill,
We arrived yesterday evening and we made a good trip in part thanks to you Bill and your friend Rich. We are very grateful and be assured that we will never forget you. One day we hope to have the opportunity to make the same service to someone else in need. This incident could have been more problematic, but thanks to you everything was resolved in a short time. You were our angels of the road. Again thank you and good luck in your life and your future travels.

Your two friends forever Grateful.
Suzie and Marc-Andre

Now that stop along the road was well worth the effort but for someone to thank me in a e-mail like that lifted my soul today...

Bill

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
If you own one you should ride it...not polish it..not look at it...ride the dam

taz95dog

and you would've stopped,  even if there wasn't a nice looking lady ???... :wink:...taz...
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

blacknchromehd

To be honest I never even saw her at first...it was the trailer that got my attention..

Bill

Clintster

Just read the last post for the day, man that is excellent.  Nice folks, Good Job !!
Drive fast, take chances

Lew

-It is now later than it has ever been before-

northbrun

spring of 02.. I had just gotten my brand new springer, and took a trip from mass. to Fl. On my way home I ran out of cash just south of Baltimore Md., and It was all toll roads home from there. I got off the highway and found an ATM at 4 in the morning. well the machine got my card and I got the shaft. no cash.. so after ridding through Baltimore all the way around the bridge trying to figure how to get some cash from my credit cards I gave up and got back on the highway... I pulled into the first rest area... I had now been ridding for about 22 hours straight, and must have looked like it, because as I was looking at an atlas, trying to figure a route around the tolls that wouldn't take a week,  this guy walks by and asks whats the matter. and after hearing my story hands me a $20.00 bill.. told him I wouldn't take it unless I get his address to repay... turns out he was a traveling salesman from Naples fl. heading to Americade to peddle his detailing product. he told me he was then going to Laconia. So, 3 weeks later and after 5 days of looking for him I found him and re-payed,, and had a great steak dinner and beer as intrest on the loan with my new friend. saw him again 2 years later in Sturgis, and had a nice reunion.. By the way... It cost me $19.60 in tolls to get home from where I met my saviour, and even with the delay made it home in 29 hours from Lakeland.. I never pass a bike on the side of the road, and always try to chat with bikers on the road. and hopefully, I will someday, I will be able to as much for somebody as this guy did for me.