Thundermax cough when cold / updated on post 7

Started by x52gnr, August 10, 2009, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Akbar

QuoteI'm pretty sure Max played with the rear (no pun intended), so hopefully he can share what he found.

The only thing that I've done is to zero the pulse deltas on the rear maps once when I did the last build.. I let the auto tune readjust after that and typically won't touch it any more.. Other than applying learned settings. On the base map I started with, the rear cylinders percentages took some pretty wide swings so I figured it was best to zero them out.. FWIW, they learned map cuts about 10% at slow speed.. Seem to want to add fuel at high speed.. Motor seem happy. Smooth.. Max

Paniolo

Well guys I adjusted my timing as per the you tube video. I adjusted it from the area between 750 to 3800 rpms. I also re-ran the IAC auto feature. The bike runs a bit better but i'm not sure if it was changing the timing or running the IAC Auto set up.

Mark
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

mayor

either way, glad to hear the bike is running better.  when you advanced the timing from 2.8k and up, did you do that on the base timing map or the individual maps at the light tps settings?  the reason I ask is I think the timing on most moderate compression big bores possibly have more than enough WOT timing at 2.8-3.8k as it is.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Paniolo

Quote from: mayor on August 25, 2009, 07:48:49 PM
either way, glad to hear the bike is running better.  when you advanced the timing from 2.8k and up, did you do that on the base timing map or the individual maps at the light tps settings?  the reason I ask is I think the timing on most moderate compression big bores possibly have more than enough WOT timing at 2.8-3.8k as it is.   

I did the adjustment to the base timing to smooth out the curve like he showed early on in the video. Then I followed his instructons for adjusting the individual rpm bands at the light settings stopping at 3,800 rpms and above. My build is very mild compared to others. AMS 96.5" kit with flat tops, AMS heads, 26G cams, Zippers 50mm TB and the Marelli T-Max conversion with Auto-Tune and FullSac mufflers. One thing I noticed right away is that the engine speed now comes down and holds steady at idle. It used to drop below a couple hundred rpm, and then come back up to idle.

Mark
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

mayor

warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

7hogs

Well guys my part throttle issues are gone and will explain in a new post when I have more time.

x52gnr

Just an Update since loading the new Zippers map. Problem so far is fixed and bike is running much better than I remember before...I will see again in a couple hundred miles or so, but looks good so far.... :pop:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger