May 09, 2024, 01:05:56 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Is gun talk offically off limits now?

Started by Dennis The Menace, August 10, 2009, 06:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calbyker69

I just recieved an email regarding Senate bill 2094- Blair-holt,   HR-45.
I know this was being pushed back in Feb, has anyone heard what has happened with these bills?

f-x-d-w-g

Took the M&P .45 for a test drive so I thought I'd share my impressions.

Less felt recoil than the Beretta 9mm, possibly because of better balance.

More accurate(!).  This really surprised me since the Beretta is so well made.

The holes in the target are big enough for this old fart to see from the firing line.   :teeth:

Only down side is the cost of ammo...
Dan
Tijeras, NM

76shuvlinoff

August 28, 2009, 07:45:24 AM #127 Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:47:27 AM by 76shuvlinoff
QuoteOnly down side is the cost of ammo...

cost of ammo results.....

a 9mm conversion for my XD40
 a 9mm  cylinder for my .357 Blackhawk
 a .22 lr conversion for my Kimber

and a slingshot in place of my .22s

probably should'a just spent the money on a reloader   :embarrassed:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Namvet

I invested in a reloader years ago, it has indeed paid for it self. I load
9mm
.45acp
.41 mag
.223/5.56
and .308

Skullfork

August 28, 2009, 02:32:12 PM #129 Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:34:31 PM by Evil-Eagle
Dan ...I told ya you'd like it! S&W definitely got it right with the M&P's ...now you'll need to get you a set of night sights for it if you plan to carry it  :wink:

xxxflhrci

Quote from: Namvet on August 28, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
I invested in a reloader years ago, it has indeed paid for it self.

Same here.  I loaded for nearly 20 years using a single stage Rock Chucker.  About 6 months ago,  I bought a new Hornady Lock-N-Load Progressive.  I wanted one and couldn't pass up the 1k free premium bullets they are giving away when you buy the press.  I've had it all this time and have not been able to use it.  I have not been able to get the shell plates and powder cop die needed to use it.  They are backordered everywhere.

xxxflhrci

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on August 28, 2009, 07:45:24 AM
QuoteOnly down side is the cost of ammo...

cost of ammo results.....

a 9mm conversion for my XD40
 a 9mm  cylinder for my .357 Blackhawk
 a .22 lr conversion for my Kimber

and a slingshot in place of my .22s

probably should'a just spent the money on a reloader   :embarrassed:

You could always get your brass reloaded by a pro:

http://www.mastercast.net/amo.htm

f-x-d-w-g

Quote from: Evil-Eagle on August 28, 2009, 02:32:12 PM
...now you'll need to get you a set of night sights for it if you plan to carry it  :wink:

I can't carry because I live in NY and obey the law.  I've had a permit to own a pistol for 8 years (as long as I've lived here and that took 6 months to get).  Never needed a permit before but this is the first time I've lived back east.  I've requested a carry permit but have low expectations...
Dan
Tijeras, NM

L-

If you guys want to reload on a high or low production base then check out Dillon: www.bluepress.com   or http://www.dillonprecision.com/  These are about the best you can get with a great warranty.

L-

Snuff™

Quote from: L- on August 30, 2009, 10:32:59 AM
If you guys want to reload on a high or low production base then check out Dillon: www.bluepress.com   or http://www.dillonprecision.com/  These are about the best you can get with a great warranty.

L-
Started on Lee presses, purchased a Dillion :up: in the mid 1990's.  Very,Very fast.
.357, 9mm, 45ACP, 45LC, 454 Casull.  Still reload rifle cartridges using a single stage press (weigh each round of powder by hand)

-Snuff :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

fourthgear

Quote from: Namvet on August 28, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
I invested in a reloader years ago, it has indeed paid for it self. I load
9mm
.45acp
.41 mag
.223/5.56
and .308

I've been reloading since the late seventies and it definitely pays for it self , just takes more time than buying it .Component's are kinda scarce right now . I even cast my own bullets for the handguns.